Sign in with
Your question

What case to choose

Last response: in Components
April 9, 2006 10:51:00 AM

Im building a new computer and i cant decide what case to get. I want a case that looks good and is awesome at cooling. So far ive been looking at
*Antec P160W
*Antec Plusview II
*Antec 1088AMG (same as plusview II just with 92mm on side panel)
*Thermaltake WinGo v8000+
My range of cases is limited to TT, antec and coolermaster coz i live in australia and no stores i know sell anything else. I dont really like the look of most of the TT's but any reccomendations will be taken on board. I looked at getting Antec SuperLanboy but it doesnt have enough expansion on it for me.

More about : case choose

April 9, 2006 10:55:46 AM

By the way im running a setup of
*AMD Athlon X2 4200+
*Asus 7800GTX
*Segate SATA 160GB
*Asus A8N-Sli deluxe
*Antec NeoHE 430W
*Zalman CNPS9500 LED CPU cooler
Related resources
April 9, 2006 11:39:53 AM

i would go with the Antec P180 , its the coolest and quietest
and looks hella cool. although the p150 is a close second
to me personally. the p180 has that look of dignity to it .
April 9, 2006 1:42:10 PM

but ive heard that the cables are rather cramped inside. Im a fan of the window side panel but i can do without. I just want a case that is going to keep to nice and cool and not be too expensive. Up to the P180 is as much as i can spend i think.
April 9, 2006 2:18:37 PM

Quote:
i would go with the Antec P180 , its the coolest and quietest
and looks hella cool. although the p150 is a close second
to me personally. the p180 has that look of dignity to it .

NOOOO, P180 warps, door wont close flush, sidepanels bend and warp

chuck the NeoHE 430 and get a TX1088AMG, comes with a 480w Truepower 2
April 9, 2006 2:25:17 PM

srry for double post but if u can shell out 125+ USD on a case, Gigabyte 3d Aurora W/ MESH (not window) side panel, the mesh cools better than the window, Thermal Take tsunami dream is also good

now ur processor, why a 4200+ ?, not a big difference over a 3800+, if ur gonna spend 355 USD on a CPU get an AMD Opteron 165 for 325USD, cheaper, better, and it OC's alot more on stock air cooling
April 9, 2006 10:58:56 PM

Quote:

My range of cases is limited to TT, antec and coolermaster coz i live in australia

Wrong! I'm in Australia too, and I can find...

Antec | AOpen | Clipper Pro | Cooler Master | Enlight | Flexiglow | Foxconn | Gigabyte | Lian-Li | MACASE | Powertek | Silverstone | Star | Super Flower | TASK | Thermaltake | Vapochill | XG | XSONIC | Zalman

Cases all on www.scorptec.com.au

And that's just the first site I looked at.
April 9, 2006 11:05:17 PM

OMG U F*kn aussie bastard u guys already have the black P150 ARHG, i hate u

http://www.scorptec.com.au/index.php?prdid=18718

thats a P150 but black and less quiet, since the side panel has mesh for CPU duct and VGA opening

basta*ds

edit: i lie, thats not the PC150 is black its smaller version, i guess the P150 in black isnt out yet
April 10, 2006 10:26:49 AM

Quote:
whenever cases are mentioned i have to say, get the TT armour. it's great and has lots of room and good cooling. IMO it looks nice as well, although i hate all modern cases with doors and fancy bezels.

I'll sort of agree with this. I'm convinced that, unless you're carting it to a LAN every other week, the type of design the armor embodies is the way to go. The tower case, like a CoolerMaster Stacker, a Tt Armor, or a Lian-Li V2000 is the way to go.
April 10, 2006 11:51:27 AM

Take a close look at the Lian Li cases. I have a PC-65B and will continue using it for years to come regardless of its internal components. This is the finest case I've ever worked with and I've been using this ine for a good few years already.
April 10, 2006 12:34:33 PM

Now where did you get that advice from??????????
Try also (if you live in Australia) this:
It will help alot

http://www.ozpriceguide.com/ (this is for Australia guy) BTW

:lol: 
!