Problem compiling with MSVS under Windows XP Home Edition

Hello,

I got a problem with my MSVS. Worked fine under Windows98.
Now that I bought new computer HP Pavillion a650e with
Windows XP HE it doesn't want to install Windows NT icons
and does not compile or build a project. It starts, I can
write a program, but can't do anything with it. I didn't
try installing SP2 or anything. The only option to make it
run is to run in a safe mode. Please, help me out. I have
no clue how to fix it.

Thanks you.

Try posting to microsoft.public.vstudio.setup or vstudio.general.
Regards,
Yuriy