Sign in with
Your question

Keyboard not responding to boot menu?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
February 7, 2002 11:39:38 AM

Hi everyone! I have a problem where, when I choose my OS on the bootmenu, my keyboard doesn't respond when I use the cursor keys to select the OS - though sometimes if I hit the CTRL key and then use the cursor keys it does. Would it have something to do with my keybaord controller being faulty and/or not liking my motherboard? I have an Asus CUSL2 motherboard and a basic keyboard (does have the power management keys ie. Power, sleep, and Wakeup). When I restart the machine I have to wait for the countdown on the boot-menu, if I hit enter to continue with the selected OS, the countdown stops and the boot menu is frozen (I can't use cursor keys) again if I hit ctrl sometime it unfreezes. And about 1/2 time I wind up going into safe-mode when I do manage to start the OS of my choice.. strange.

Ideas anyone?
February 8, 2002 3:27:27 AM

is it a usb keyboard?

i went to the tomshardware forums and all i got was this lousy signature.
February 8, 2002 4:42:55 AM

I have that board. Have you installed the latest BIOS?

<font color=red>Remember...</font color=red><font color=blue>You get what you pay for. :smile: All advice here is free.</font color=blue> :wink:
February 8, 2002 9:31:27 AM

Ok, I will try updating BIOS and see if that helps (I'll know if it does after rebooting a few times just to make sure it isn't freezing). Oh and sorry, I forgot to mention that my keyboard is PS/2. Thanks guys :) 
!