D-Link DI-614+ random disconnects

Razarblade

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2003
I have upgraded tot he latest firmware, and hard reset the device and still no luck. This is the best I could get from D-link tech support before they stopped emailing me back.

Can anyone help me out with this please?

Are you getting disconnected from your ISP?
Are you getting disconnected from the wired ports?
Are you getting disconnected from the wireless connection?

Each one has a different solution. We need a little more information.

I aint signing nothing!!!

Razarblade

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2003
I know for sure it happens to my wired ports because those are what I'm using. I think it happens to the wireless too but I'm not positive. I seriously doubt it's an isp connection problem since the lights on the modem never show anything abnormal.

The disconnects are just little hiccups that last a few seconds or less, but it's enough to make me have to reconnect to whatever game I'm playing.

Currently trillian is how I'm tracking all these disconnects, they happen whether the computer is sitting idle overnight or whether I'm playing a game, doesn't matter.

Hope that's enough info for ya, help me out. :)

Dev

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2001
See if your idle time is anything else than 0. If it is, change it to 0 (which turns it off). My roommate had a smc router that was set to 5 seconds idle out of the box... Ridiculous.

Dev

Poor windows was not a brave soul. Threatened by the force of General Protection and Major Problem the little OS committed suicide by hanging.

Razarblade

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2003
I figured out why I could not find it.

There is no idle time setting if you have Dynamic IP address selecting, which is was I have to use for cable.

The idle setting is only available if you have PPPoE selected which is for DSL.

So no dice with that fix.

Dev

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2001
I know some of the cable providers force dhcp updates every four hours.
[rant]
It seems to be the trend these days that service providers hurt the common user by enacting stupid rules like these, when those who they are trying to get use DDNS anyway...
[/rant]
Could this be the problem?

Dev

---
My Sig:
))
(( ___________________
|||_____________|_____|

Howard

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2001
It does that on my D-link router. (forgot which model) You have to unplug the power and plug it back in, and it would keep on working. I ended up getting an SMC router because of that problem and because I wanted wireless internet on my laptop.