Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

VOIP phones with PSTN line also?

Last response: in Networking
Share
June 22, 2004 4:22:11 PM

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip (More info?)

For the remote worker, say one guy working out of a house in another city,
it would seem very handy to have a VOIP phone that also has a PSTN connector
for the home phone line so the worker can have only one phone on their desk.

Does anyone make such a phone?

Steve

More about : voip phones pstn line

Anonymous
June 23, 2004 1:30:28 AM

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip (More info?)

Steve wrote:
> For the remote worker, say one guy working out of a house in another
> city, it would seem very handy to have a VOIP phone that also has a
> PSTN connector for the home phone line so the worker can have only
> one phone on their desk.
>
> Does anyone make such a phone?
>
> Steve

Steve,

There is phone's with two incomming analogue lines that could fit your
needs.


/Mats
June 23, 2004 1:30:29 AM

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip (More info?)

Incoming analog PSTN line (or 2), + VOIP (SIP)? Without another gateway?
Build into the phone?

If so, what is it?

Steve

"Mats Karlsson" <kalle@no.sp.ugg-lan.com> wrote in message
news:40d88a4f@news.broadpark.no...
> Steve wrote:
> > For the remote worker, say one guy working out of a house in another
> > city, it would seem very handy to have a VOIP phone that also has a
> > PSTN connector for the home phone line so the worker can have only
> > one phone on their desk.
> >
> > Does anyone make such a phone?
> >
> > Steve
>
> Steve,
>
> There is phone's with two incomming analogue lines that could fit your
> needs.
>
>
> /Mats
>
>
Related resources
Anonymous
June 23, 2004 3:16:13 AM

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip (More info?)

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 12:22:11 -0500, "Steve"
<news647@powersystemsdirect.com> wrote:

>For the remote worker, say one guy working out of a house in another city,
>it would seem very handy to have a VOIP phone that also has a PSTN connector
>for the home phone line so the worker can have only one phone on their desk.
>
>Does anyone make such a phone?

How about something like the Sipura SPA3000. It's an adaptor, rather
than a phone, but it does most of the job.

http://www.sipura.com/products/spa3000.htm

peter

--
peter gradwell. gradwell dot com Ltd. http://www.gradwell.com/
-- engineering & hosting services for email, web and usenet --
-- http://www.peter.me.uk/ -- http://www.voip.org.uk/ --
June 23, 2004 3:16:14 AM

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip (More info?)

Nope, not what I want. I want what I said, which is a SIP VOIP phone, that
also has a PSTN line, am wondering if anyone makes such a product.

Steve

"Peter Gradwell" <peter@gradwell.com> wrote in message
news:nrbhd0hrsne3osdvdmkmd9c8ajnt8ap555@news.gradwell.net...
> On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 12:22:11 -0500, "Steve"
> <news647@powersystemsdirect.com> wrote:
>
> >For the remote worker, say one guy working out of a house in another
city,
> >it would seem very handy to have a VOIP phone that also has a PSTN
connector
> >for the home phone line so the worker can have only one phone on their
desk.
> >
> >Does anyone make such a phone?
>
> How about something like the Sipura SPA3000. It's an adaptor, rather
> than a phone, but it does most of the job.
>
> http://www.sipura.com/products/spa3000.htm
>
> peter
>
> --
> peter gradwell. gradwell dot com Ltd. http://www.gradwell.com/
> -- engineering & hosting services for email, web and usenet --
> -- http://www.peter.me.uk/ -- http://www.voip.org.uk/ --
Anonymous
June 23, 2004 2:01:03 PM

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip (More info?)

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 12:22:11 -0500, "Steve"
<news647@powersystemsdirect.com> wrote:

>For the remote worker, say one guy working out of a house in another city,
>it would seem very handy to have a VOIP phone that also has a PSTN connector
>for the home phone line so the worker can have only one phone on their desk.
>
>Does anyone make such a phone?

Yes and no.

Try: http://www.qtelnet.com/products-IP-1302.htm

I'm not sure if the VOIP stands alone.

Carl Navarro
June 24, 2004 12:40:01 AM

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip (More info?)

Looks close, but it H323, not SIP.

Steve

"Carl Navarro" <cnavarro@wcnet.org> wrote in message >
> Yes and no.
>
> Try: http://www.qtelnet.com/products-IP-1302.htm
>
> I'm not sure if the VOIP stands alone.
>
> Carl Navarro
>
Anonymous
June 24, 2004 11:22:46 AM

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip (More info?)

"Steve" <news647@powersystemsdirect.com> wrote in news:10dkc7k2rmj7304
@corp.supernews.com:

> "Carl Navarro" <cnavarro@wcnet.org> wrote in message >
>> Try: http://www.qtelnet.com/products-IP-1302.htm
> Looks close, but it H323, not SIP.

Not a phone in itself, but the Addpac AP200 has variants with a PSTN
interface:

http://www.addpac.com/english/AP200.html

--
Andreas
June 24, 2004 5:53:13 PM

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip (More info?)

I guess my realization is there is no such phone, pity. Very useful for
certain markets.

Steve


"Andreas Sikkema" <ramdyne@gmx.net> wrote in message
news:Xns95125FDE4F726hiero.daaro@194.109.133.29...
> "Steve" <news647@powersystemsdirect.com> wrote in news:10dkc7k2rmj7304
> @corp.supernews.com:
>
> > "Carl Navarro" <cnavarro@wcnet.org> wrote in message >
> >> Try: http://www.qtelnet.com/products-IP-1302.htm
> > Looks close, but it H323, not SIP.
>
> Not a phone in itself, but the Addpac AP200 has variants with a PSTN
> interface:
>
> http://www.addpac.com/english/AP200.html
>
> --
> Andreas
June 25, 2004 8:15:14 PM

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip (More info?)

Yes, there is such a phone, and a dang nice one at that.

http://linuxdevices.com/articles/AT8916343149.html

Steve <news647@powersystemsdirect.com> wrote:
> I guess my realization is there is no such phone, pity. Very useful for
> certain markets.
>
> Steve
>
>
> "Andreas Sikkema" <ramdyne@gmx.net> wrote in message
> news:Xns95125FDE4F726hiero.daaro@194.109.133.29...
>> "Steve" <news647@powersystemsdirect.com> wrote in news:10dkc7k2rmj7304
>> @corp.supernews.com:
>>
>> > "Carl Navarro" <cnavarro@wcnet.org> wrote in message >
>> >> Try: http://www.qtelnet.com/products-IP-1302.htm
>> > Looks close, but it H323, not SIP.
>>
>> Not a phone in itself, but the Addpac AP200 has variants with a PSTN
>> interface:
>>
>> http://www.addpac.com/english/AP200.html
>>
>> --
>> Andreas
>
>
June 25, 2004 9:38:18 PM

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip (More info?)

Yes, that would be an example, now if it was just without all the extras
like the 4 port switch, router, etc.

Seems overkill for a guy at home connected to work via VOIP (SIP) and
needing his home phone connected as well.

Steve


<brian@hpesbjw.fc.hp.com> wrote in message
news:mcYCc.4734$sG3.3809@news.cpqcorp.net...
> Yes, there is such a phone, and a dang nice one at that.
>
> http://linuxdevices.com/articles/AT8916343149.html
>
> Steve <news647@powersystemsdirect.com> wrote:
> > I guess my realization is there is no such phone, pity. Very useful for
> > certain markets.
> >
> > Steve
> >
> >
> > "Andreas Sikkema" <ramdyne@gmx.net> wrote in message
> > news:Xns95125FDE4F726hiero.daaro@194.109.133.29...
> >> "Steve" <news647@powersystemsdirect.com> wrote in news:10dkc7k2rmj7304
> >> @corp.supernews.com:
> >>
> >> > "Carl Navarro" <cnavarro@wcnet.org> wrote in message >
> >> >> Try: http://www.qtelnet.com/products-IP-1302.htm
> >> > Looks close, but it H323, not SIP.
> >>
> >> Not a phone in itself, but the Addpac AP200 has variants with a PSTN
> >> interface:
> >>
> >> http://www.addpac.com/english/AP200.html
> >>
> >> --
> >> Andreas
> >
> >
October 17, 2012 1:10:23 PM

SIP trunking, or other problem in VoIP technology, you just need to use the Ozeki Phone System can help you.
I found it and use it many days ago, and it is growing now very well. I learned many things about it, how to configure the devices, hogy to use the PSTN lines, VoIP technology with it. So this is great.

Here is az URL about the VoIP technology, but can find writes about PBX-s.

ozekiphone.com/introduction-to-voip-technology-90.html
November 16, 2012 5:26:26 AM

Hi, Steve, we are the manufacturer of IP phones, some of them support 5 SIP lines, some of them support 5 SIP lines and 1 PSTN line. are you looking for IP phones like this?
http://www.greatipcamera.com/product/wlspfwq.html
If yes, please contact me at my email: lucy@great-elec.com or my skype: lxhzspy
Thank you.
!