VOIP phones with PSTN line also?

For the remote worker, say one guy working out of a house in another city,
it would seem very handy to have a VOIP phone that also has a PSTN connector
for the home phone line so the worker can have only one phone on their desk.

Does anyone make such a phone?

Steve
12 answers Last reply
More about voip phones pstn line also

    Steve wrote:
    > For the remote worker, say one guy working out of a house in another
    > city, it would seem very handy to have a VOIP phone that also has a
    > PSTN connector for the home phone line so the worker can have only
    > one phone on their desk.
    >
    > Does anyone make such a phone?
    >
    > Steve

    Steve,

    There is phone's with two incomming analogue lines that could fit your
    needs.

    /Mats

    Incoming analog PSTN line (or 2), + VOIP (SIP)? Without another gateway?
    Build into the phone?

    If so, what is it?

    Steve

    "Mats Karlsson" <kalle@no.sp.ugg-lan.com> wrote in message
    > Steve wrote:
    > > For the remote worker, say one guy working out of a house in another
    > > city, it would seem very handy to have a VOIP phone that also has a
    > > PSTN connector for the home phone line so the worker can have only
    > > one phone on their desk.
    > >
    > > Does anyone make such a phone?
    > >
    > > Steve
    >
    > Steve,
    >
    > There is phone's with two incomming analogue lines that could fit your
    > needs.
    >

    > /Mats

    On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 12:22:11 -0500, "Steve"
    <news647@powersystemsdirect.com> wrote:

    >For the remote worker, say one guy working out of a house in another city,
    >it would seem very handy to have a VOIP phone that also has a PSTN connector
    >for the home phone line so the worker can have only one phone on their desk.
    >
    >Does anyone make such a phone?

    How about something like the Sipura SPA3000. It's an adaptor, rather
    than a phone, but it does most of the job.

    http://www.sipura.com/products/spa3000.htm

    peter

    -- engineering & hosting services for email, web and usenet --

    Nope, not what I want. I want what I said, which is a SIP VOIP phone, that
    also has a PSTN line, am wondering if anyone makes such a product.

    Steve

    "Peter Gradwell" <peter@gradwell.com> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 12:22:11 -0500, "Steve"
    > <news647@powersystemsdirect.com> wrote:
    >
    > >For the remote worker, say one guy working out of a house in another
    city,
    > >it would seem very handy to have a VOIP phone that also has a PSTN
    connector
    > >for the home phone line so the worker can have only one phone on their
    desk.

    > >Does anyone make such a phone?
    >
    > How about something like the Sipura SPA3000. It's an adaptor, rather
    > than a phone, but it does most of the job.
    >
    > http://www.sipura.com/products/spa3000.htm
    >
    > peter
    >
    > --
    > peter gradwell. gradwell dot com Ltd. http://www.gradwell.com/
    > -- engineering & hosting services for email, web and usenet --
    > -- http://www.peter.me.uk/ -- http://www.voip.org.uk/ --
  5. Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip (More info?)

    On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 12:22:11 -0500, "Steve"
    <news647@powersystemsdirect.com> wrote:

    >For the remote worker, say one guy working out of a house in another city,
    >it would seem very handy to have a VOIP phone that also has a PSTN connector
    >for the home phone line so the worker can have only one phone on their desk.
    >
    >Does anyone make such a phone?

    Yes and no.

    Try: http://www.qtelnet.com/products-IP-1302.htm

    I'm not sure if the VOIP stands alone.

    Carl Navarro
  6. Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip (More info?)

    Looks close, but it H323, not SIP.

    Steve

    "Carl Navarro" <cnavarro@wcnet.org> wrote in message >
    > Yes and no.
    >
    > Try: http://www.qtelnet.com/products-IP-1302.htm
    >
    > I'm not sure if the VOIP stands alone.
    >
    > Carl Navarro

  7. Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip (More info?)

    "Steve" <news647@powersystemsdirect.com> wrote in news:10dkc7k2rmj7304
    @corp.supernews.com:

    > "Carl Navarro" <cnavarro@wcnet.org> wrote in message >
    >> Try: http://www.qtelnet.com/products-IP-1302.htm
    > Looks close, but it H323, not SIP.

    Not a phone in itself, but the Addpac AP200 has variants with a PSTN
    interface:

    http://www.addpac.com/english/AP200.html

    --
    Andreas
  8. Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip (More info?)

    I guess my realization is there is no such phone, pity. Very useful for
    certain markets.

    Steve

    "Andreas Sikkema" <ramdyne@gmx.net> wrote in message
    > "Steve" <news647@powersystemsdirect.com> wrote in news:10dkc7k2rmj7304
    > @corp.supernews.com:
    >
    > > "Carl Navarro" <cnavarro@wcnet.org> wrote in message >
    > >> Try: http://www.qtelnet.com/products-IP-1302.htm
    > > Looks close, but it H323, not SIP.
    >
    > Not a phone in itself, but the Addpac AP200 has variants with a PSTN
    > interface:
    >
    > http://www.addpac.com/english/AP200.html
    >
    > --
    > Andreas
  9. Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip (More info?)

    Yes, there is such a phone, and a dang nice one at that.

    http://linuxdevices.com/articles/AT8916343149.html

    Steve <news647@powersystemsdirect.com> wrote:
    > I guess my realization is there is no such phone, pity. Very useful for
    > certain markets.
    >
    > Steve
    >

    > "Andreas Sikkema" <ramdyne@gmx.net> wrote in message
    >> "Steve" <news647@powersystemsdirect.com> wrote in news:10dkc7k2rmj7304
    >> @corp.supernews.com:

    >> > Looks close, but it H323, not SIP.
    >>
    >> Not a phone in itself, but the Addpac AP200 has variants with a PSTN
    >> interface:
    >>
    >> http://www.addpac.com/english/AP200.html
    >>
    >> --
    >> Andreas

  10. Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip (More info?)

    Yes, that would be an example, now if it was just without all the extras
    like the 4 port switch, router, etc.

    Seems overkill for a guy at home connected to work via VOIP (SIP) and
    needing his home phone connected as well.

    Steve

    <brian@hpesbjw.fc.hp.com> wrote in message
    > Yes, there is such a phone, and a dang nice one at that.
    >
    > http://linuxdevices.com/articles/AT8916343149.html
    >
    > Steve <news647@powersystemsdirect.com> wrote:
    > > I guess my realization is there is no such phone, pity. Very useful for
    > > certain markets.
    > >
    > > Steve
    > >

    > > "Andreas Sikkema" <ramdyne@gmx.net> wrote in message
    > >> "Steve" <news647@powersystemsdirect.com> wrote in news:10dkc7k2rmj7304
    > >> @corp.supernews.com:

    > >> Not a phone in itself, but the Addpac AP200 has variants with a PSTN
    > >> interface:
    > >>
    > >> http://www.addpac.com/english/AP200.html
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Andreas

  11. Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip (More info?)

    >Yes, there is such a phone, and a dang nice one at that.

    http://linuxdevices.com/articles/AT8916343149.html

    At a dang price !
    Regards,
    Martin
  12. Hi, Steve, we are the manufacturer of IP phones, some of them support 5 SIP lines, some of them support 5 SIP lines and 1 PSTN line. are you looking for IP phones like this?
    http://www.greatipcamera.com/product/wlspfwq.html
    If yes, please contact me at my email: lucy@great-elec.com or my skype: lxhzspy
    Thank you.

VPN Phones VoIP IP Networking Product