Raid help

Tags:
  • Hard Drives
  • NAS / RAID
  • Western Digital
  • Storage
Last response: in Storage
April 9, 2006 6:33:51 PM

Ok I have been trying for 3 days to get a raid array setup on my system..I'm a first time builder and this is driveing me crazy..I have two WD RAPTORS on a MSI K8N NEO2 Platium MB..I have them hooked to Sata 3&4 on the MB...I have them enabled in the BIOS...After leaving the BIOS I push F10 and setup the array..Booting from the WinXP PRO CD I push f6&f5 at the blue screen..At the prompt I install the Nvidia raid drivers..At the next prompt to install Windows I do and it shows 2 seperate HD's not the raid array..What could be wrong?? Am I doing something wrong.........

More about : raid

April 9, 2006 7:30:53 PM

I don't really know much about setting up a RAID (I've never done it before), but a friend of mine had endless trouble with setting up a RAID on his MSI board... a Neo4 I think. He wound up selling the board to someone and picking up an Asus A8R32-MVP Deluxe. :D 

-mcg
April 9, 2006 7:43:46 PM

Thank you for the answer...I think.... :wink: Dosent really make me feel any better.... :cry: 
Related resources
April 9, 2006 8:03:36 PM

I won't guarantte that this is your problem, but I had the same trouble with a different m-board, same drives. There are two different drivers, one for the base setup (to see both drives as separate), one for the raid. Make sure you're using the raid drivers. Hope it's that simple. :D 
April 9, 2006 10:32:15 PM

I'm pretty sure I have the correct drivers...
!