AWDFLASH.EXE ERROR, mY COMPUTER ARE FU**`D

Exeee

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2006
Hi, im a realy newbie at bios and flash so i went here for some help.

For a few days ago i suddenly got this error when i turned my computer on " Decompress " AWDFLASH.EXE" from Bios please wait..."

Sometimes it says with red text " Insert disk press enter or ESC to continue post" Sometimes the computere frezes at this point, this appairs atonce i turn my computer on where it searches for the hard drives and so on.

I dont know what to do, my local computer peoples dont got an idea what this is, so they dont know whats wrong. The computer frezes sometimes and are realy slow, its slow for 3-4 sec and then its normal again, keeps doing that all the time, ive checked the computer for viruses, tryed to repair windows, ive done whery much except formate my hard drive.

Ive also tryed 3 diffrent ram`s, one at the time to check if there are eny problemes with the memory, that didnt help eather.

Here are some info on my computer:
Phoenix - Award bios v6.00PG
Assus A7N8X-E Deluxe ACPi BIOS Rev 1013
AMD athlon XP 2800+

If there are eny help out there, please help.

Thnx

Newbie Guy <- ;)

Exeee

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2006
yes, ive tryed this, i spent 3-4 hour without enything connected to the main board, cleaning dust and so on, eny other ideas?

texasgulag

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
Hi there;

I believe that (somehow) your motherboard is in the process of flashing the BIOS. I would go to another machine and download the most recent flash from ASUS. The flash the BIOS on your PC. This may work. Other than that, the motherboard is gone. You may get a replacement from ASUS direct, possibly.

I've lost a couple of motherboards over the years by incorrectly flashing the BIOS, so be careful. Of course, it may be dead already... :roll:

JonathanDeane

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
Another possiblity is that the batery has gone bad ? or maybe your power supply is acting up ? thats an odd problem for sure ! I bid you good luck and may the IT gods smile upon your machine !