Asterisk

Moritz Beierlein <Beierlein.Moritz@t-online.de> wrote:
> Hello
> who can say something about Asterisk?

Got it running on my linux router@home. It connects several sip
accounts, my pstn line (via X100P) some softphones (Linphone) and a
GrandStream SIPPhone. Works like a charm, I use the phone more often
now... ;-)

Next Project is connecting MBROLA (Text-To-Speech System).

Gruss,
Michael
--
Bitte melden Sie sich umgehend bei
der Vertriebsleitung, wenn Sie diese

In article <9c79r1-k5e.ln1@peyote.in-butter.de>,
Michael Steinmetz <peyote@snafu.de> wrote:
>Got it running on my linux router@home. It connects several sip
>accounts, my pstn line (via X100P) some softphones (Linphone) and a
>GrandStream SIPPhone. Works like a charm, I use the phone more often
>now... ;-)
>
>Next Project is connecting MBROLA (Text-To-Speech System).

Support for "festival" text-to-speech is in standard asterisk - what does
MBROLA offer in addition or do better?

Zane.

You can spoof Caller I.D. with it!
http://securityfocus.com/news/9061

abuse@wilson.st wrote:

> Support for "festival" text-to-speech is in standard asterisk - what does
> MBROLA offer in addition or do better?

German Phoneme Data, lots of.

Greets,
St1
--
Die alte Dame zum Bettler: "Hier haben Sie 5 EUR, aber
daß Sie mir keinen Schnaps dafür kaufen!"

In article <etv3s1-qe2.ln1@peyote.in-butter.de>,
Michael Steinmetz <peyote@snafu.de> wrote:
>> Support for "festival" text-to-speech is in standard asterisk - what does
>> MBROLA offer in addition or do better?
>
>German Phoneme Data, lots of.

I see - I hadn't noticed your .de domain. According to
http://www.ims.uni-stuttgart.de/phonetik/synthesis/festival_opensource.html,
Festival can speak German, using the MRBOLA diphones and waveform engine.
This might be easier than just using MRBOLA with Asterisk.

Zane.

"Brian LaVallee" <blavallee@nospam.broadviewnet.com> writes:
>You can spoof Caller I.D. with it!
>http://securityfocus.com/news/9061

And this is news? Anybody with the right level of telco circuits and a
little know-how have been doing this for 10 years++. CallerID isn't
secure and has never been.

What the VOIP IP providers now provide is that anybody that pays them
$20/month can now do this as well.

--
Doug McIntyre merlyn@visi.com
Network Engineer/Jack of All Trades

abuse@wilson.st wrote:

> I see - I hadn't noticed your .de domain. According to
> http://www.ims.uni-stuttgart.de/phonetik/synthesis/festival_opensource.html,

I know that site fairly well. ;-)
On the other hand, I am comfortable with MBROLA, and have put some effort
in tweaking it, and I dont know how to use festival with the german tts
through the asterisk bindings yet...

Greetings,
St1
--
Die Existenz von Spam heißt, daß ein Medium noch lebt.
Die Existenz von Pr0n heißt, daß es Zukunft hat.

zebedee

You can only spoof callerid if the voip provider allows it. They shouldn't
allow this as it is completelt irresponsible.

"Doug McIntyre" <merlyn@visi.com> wrote in message
> "Brian LaVallee" <blavallee@nospam.broadviewnet.com> writes:
> >You can spoof Caller I.D. with it!
> >http://securityfocus.com/news/9061
>
> And this is news? Anybody with the right level of telco circuits and a
> little know-how have been doing this for 10 years++. CallerID isn't
> secure and has never been.
>
> What the VOIP IP providers now provide is that anybody that pays them
> $20/month can now do this as well.
>

> --
> Doug McIntyre merlyn@visi.com
> Network Engineer/Jack of All Trades