Sign in with
Your question

Overclocking my P4 2.6 -- HELP!

Last response: in Overclocking
April 10, 2006 4:19:24 AM

I have an Asus P4C800 Deluxe mobo and a P4 2.6 800 mhz FSB. Oh yeah, I also have 2 gigs of OCZ EL 2-3-2-5. I was considering getting a good Zalman/Thermaltake cooling fan, such as the CNPS9500/Big Typhoon. Is it worth getting the CNPS9500/Big Typhoon over some of the cheaper $30-$40 Zalman fans, such as the CNPS700B? Alright, for my main question: if I were to buy some thermal grease and a good CPU fan/heatsink, how much of an overclock do you think I could get out of my P4?

More about : overclocking

April 10, 2006 1:53:54 PM

The easiest way to oveclock this cpu is to use PC4000 memory and up the bus to 1gig mhz making your system run at 3.25gig.

This is what i have done myself air cooled on a Gigabyte GA-8ik1100 mainboard aircooled with a gigabyte turbo fan and 1gig PC4000 geil memory with out any updated bios voltages for the ram and the system is rock solid no problems with full cpu load at 45c. Your board is disputedly better for overclocking so if you go watercooling you may get an extra 1gig easy
Related resources
April 13, 2006 2:47:26 PM

I have two systems running a P4 2.6C. I bought them, along with a couple 865 mobos, about two and a half years ago. They have been overclocked since day one and run at about 3.2-3.3 GHz with no change in vcore. Both are rock solid and on about 8-16 hr/d.

I tried getting them maxing out but to reach 3.5+ on those chips, you really
need to add juice.

Those systems are on air, and I found that the best solution for me was AS5 and a Thermaltake sonic tower. I wanted low (almost silent) noise - you can
run them passively with the GIANT sonic tower.
April 13, 2006 11:18:18 PM

I recently paid a man i found on the internetwork called J.Fong to build me a PC. i paid somewhere in the region of £7500 and was pleased with the outcome. it is silent and can run my favourite game "Starcraft: Broodwar" on full graphics settings. also the "overclocking" software says the pentium 2 CPU has an operating temperature of -500 degrees C. i would recomend paying extra so that the experts can build it for you!!!
April 13, 2006 11:26:27 PM

Quote:
I recently paid a man i found on the internetwork called J.Fong to build me a PC. i paid somewhere in the region of £7500 and was pleased with the outcome. it is silent and can run my favourite game "Starcraft: Broodwar" on full graphics settings. also the "overclocking" software says the pentium 2 CPU has an operating temperature of -500 degrees C. i would recomend paying extra so that the experts can build it for you!!!

I heard hes a good system builder too, that J.Fong. Do you live in Manchester perchance? I hear that is where he operates and where he is a large playa in the community there.
April 14, 2006 5:23:04 PM

starcraft is 640x480 software rendered.. if u paid 7.5k EUROS just to play SC, u GOT RIPPED OFF
!