iPhone 5 Was Last Apple Phone to Receive Steve Jobs' Input

Status
Not open for further replies.

hokkdawg

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2009
@maxiim - This does matter! Because it fuels the speculation that Apple will start falling by the wayside now that Steve Jobs is gone. Think how much money you could make with a short position on Apple trading at current $665/share. It took only 5 years for Apple to go from $100/share to $700/share, and in 5 years it's entirely possible for it to crash as their current leadership screws up.

ronch79

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2010
My concern is that they'll just keep giving consumers more of the same thing iPhone after iPhone, and maybe a new feature or two tacked on.

SoiledBottom

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2006
BREAKING NEWS

Hell announced entry into the smart phone market today with the iHell 1.......Satan says he is partnering up with good friend and new arrival Steve Jobbs to fight fire with fire as they take on smart phone giant Apple.

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
[citation][nom]ronch79[/nom]My concern is that they'll just keep giving consumers more of the same thing iPhone after iPhone, and maybe a new feature or two tacked on.[/citation]
Isn't that what nearly every company does?

For example... the Madden video game series is essentially the exact same game with one or two new features and updated rosters. Yet I know several people who are willing to shell out $60 every time a new one comes out. Automobile companies come out with new models nearly every year, and they typically have very few changes from year to year. I mean, a company sells you a product and then they have to find some way continue to sell you the product.

The magic of Jobs and the marketing team at Apple was that they actually could get people to buy the same product every year. Thats like the holy grail in the electronics industry.

greghome

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
[citation][nom]maxiim[/nom]How about some news that actually matters?[/citation]

You should welcome Tom's new "journalist" Zak Islam..........
all he has posted is Apple stuff....and not informative Apple stuff....

He's the one that wrote the article about "Steve Job was the first to think of a Tablet PC" article?"

PS: @Zak, I promise this is the last time, I'm gonna take a shot at you if your next article is something useful :p

leeashton

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
[citation][nom]hokkdawg[/nom]@maxiim - This does matter! Because it fuels the speculation that Apple will start falling by the wayside now that Steve Jobs is gone. Think how much money you could make with a short position on Apple trading at current $665/share. It took only 5 years for Apple to go from $100/share to $700/share, and in 5 years it's entirely possible for it to crash as their current leadership screws up.[/citation]
very easy to do i can float a company at $1 per share and then a year later be at over $1 million dollars a share, share prices dont mean SHIT! thats why market valuations are not the way to value companys apple may have a market valu7ation of 500 billion but the actual valuation is a fraction of that

gladiatorza

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2011
[citation][nom]leeashton[/nom]who fucken cares?[/citation]

I agree this article has no useful information about the title at all.

chomlee

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
1.5 years ago, "Hey Steve, the conceptual developement team are working on the next phone after the 4s. We think this time we might want to make the screen bigger, and we hope that the processor will be faster by that time too. What do you think?." Steve:"Well, I don't really agree with the bigger screen but what the heck, people will buy us now no matter what, go ahead".

People actually think that the higher ups actually invent the stuff when big products come up. When a company is small (like apple was in the 80s), I would agree. When you have large companies, there are teams of people dedicated to just parts of a particular product. The real ones that are creating these great products are the designers and project managers that are putting it all together.

chomlee

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
I wonder if the programer/programers that actually came up with IOS think Steve was such a godly figure. Kind of sad that he gets ALL the credit for something that some very talented people came up with.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
They are going to play the "Jobs had a hand in this" card every time they release a shitty product hoping the faithful get rallied by his undead reality distortion field, as the company release increasingly drab and uninspired products it is going to be just like "hey guys, we found (yet) another unreleased Tupac album"

infernocy

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2010
can you please stop showing the faces of people who used the public like animals or zombies and show people who actually help the planet ?

suoeno

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2010
As a not so vocal Apple critic, I'd say this piece are cringe worthy at best and reeks of pro-Jobs Apple stakeholders' BS. But as a tech fan in general, I admit that Apple has its place an important one no less. Good tech, good execution albeit probably more draconian than Intel themselves. That last part reflects my disdain but moving on.

Well /rant off here's the thing. Our good well respected and equally loathed the late Mr.Steve Jobs has passed OK? SO MOVE THE F*** ON FOR F*** SAKE and give Tim Cook his time of day. And this actually goes to the Apple camp itself and they need to stop with the "What would Steve Jobs do?" insecurities down the road. You can only stretch a legacy for so long until you realize that you'll turn into a dinosaur. And oh hey look what happened to that...

Jobs were good at getting the collective rear sides together when he wants to that's a given. But that's like saying he was the only brains bar none and those R&D + engineering + products' ppl are near useless w/o any instruction sets. I dislike Apple but even I don't believe this.

Jony Ive? Traditions are all good and fine... In gun making or wine but this is tech.

snotling

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2002
Like him or not, like his company or not... Like his followers or not... he had one power that will be missed: who else could walk in a board room and tell a bunch of suits that HIS crazy idea would bring in the bacon and that they were just a bunch of idiots to think otherwise?

and then they would tell him to go ahead and do it. And it would just work and bring in the bacon.

You or me would not be invited in the board room to begin with. we would have to show up uninvited and even if we managed to tell them our crazy idea security would handle it afterwards and no f*** would be given.

Those invited in the board room are dumb suits themselves and they just don't have crazy ideas.

That's the only thing I miss about Steve Jobs one year later.

G

I thought I read a year ago that the iPhone 4S was the last phone that had his input...? Unless his input was, "we need to do better than this."

brendonmc

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
His input was probably only what they should name it. Cant see him agreeing to the longer screen. He wasn't known for making stupid compromises.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
[citation][nom]mrmaia[/nom]The 2nd most influent guy at Apple was the DESIGNER. Goes to show what the Apple stuff is all about.[/citation]

And Samsung should pay Ive royalties for using all of his designs. Apple is all about design which is one reason other companies copy them so much...lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.