Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

DID #- PRI line

Last response: in Networking
Share
Anonymous
June 28, 2004 5:40:50 AM

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip (More info?)

Hi guys,
Does the DID # only comes with the PRI line or sepreat?

thanks

Feras

More about : pri line

Anonymous
June 30, 2004 2:36:00 PM

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip (More info?)

feras wrote:

> Hi guys,
> Does the DID # only comes with the PRI line or sepreat?
>
> thanks
>
> Feras

DID is (was) available over analog lines, but many telcos have stopped
offering it. Also, becaus of the nature of the signalling used on these
lines, they couldn't be used for outgoing calls.

I don't know if it is ever offered on BRI lines.
July 1, 2004 9:23:56 PM

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip (More info?)

BRI supports it, and I've even gotten Verizon to set it up, but it takes a
few calls if you want your standard 100 numbers. 2-10 numbers are easy to
get but the Verizon rep might not realize that they are DID. Just tell them
you want some addition numbers assigned, the called line number is part of
the normal call setup.

T1 (non-PRI) also supports DID

"Hammond of Texas" <spambait@spamcop.net> wrote in message
news:l_KdnWFHiciYZ3_dRVn-uw@speakeasy.net...
> feras wrote:
>
> > Hi guys,
> > Does the DID # only comes with the PRI line or sepreat?
> >
> > thanks
> >
> > Feras
>
> DID is (was) available over analog lines, but many telcos have stopped
> offering it. Also, becaus of the nature of the signalling used on these
> lines, they couldn't be used for outgoing calls.
>
> I don't know if it is ever offered on BRI lines.
Related resources
Anonymous
July 2, 2004 2:09:25 AM

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip (More info?)

<RC> writes:
>BRI supports it, and I've even gotten Verizon to set it up, but it takes a
>few calls if you want your standard 100 numbers. 2-10 numbers are easy to
>get but the Verizon rep might not realize that they are DID. Just tell them
>you want some addition numbers assigned, the called line number is part of
>the normal call setup.

>T1 (non-PRI) also supports DID


Depends quite a bit on the telco. Several that serve this area would
refuse to do DID on BRIs. They pretty much treat BRIs like the plague
now-a-days anyway.


>"Hammond of Texas" <spambait@spamcop.net> wrote in message
>news:l_KdnWFHiciYZ3_dRVn-uw@speakeasy.net...
>> feras wrote:
>>
>> > Hi guys,
>> > Does the DID # only comes with the PRI line or sepreat?
>> >
>> > thanks
>> >
>> > Feras
>>
>> DID is (was) available over analog lines, but many telcos have stopped
>> offering it. Also, becaus of the nature of the signalling used on these
>> lines, they couldn't be used for outgoing calls.
>>
>> I don't know if it is ever offered on BRI lines.


--
Doug McIntyre merlyn@visi.com
Network Engineer/Jack of All Trades
Vector Internet Services, Inc.
July 7, 2004 6:42:30 PM

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip (More info?)

"Doug McIntyre" <merlyn@visi.com> wrote in message
news:40e48b95$0$99004$a1866201@newsreader.visi.com...
> Depends quite a bit on the telco. Several that serve this area would
> refuse to do DID on BRIs. They pretty much treat BRIs like the plague
> now-a-days anyway.

Pretty much the same here, but you can use their ignorance to your
advantage. Just ask them to add additional numbers to you line (give them
the billing number). The dialed number information is part of the normal
call setup of a BRI. As long as you don't say DID or ISDN, they don't get
too confused and you get your DID.
!