Removing startup programs from user accounts.

I have 3 user account profiles on my system w/ XP Home. I would like to
remove AOL from my profile but have it available on the other 2 profiles.
How do you remove programs that launch automatically from 1 profile but not
delete them from the other profiles? I removed a lego program for my son
that would launch on my user account, and now it is removed from the system.
I uninstalled the program from add/remove programs thinking this would remove
it from my user account and not my son's user account.

Where is the information on managing programs that launch automatically for
each user account?
Thank you..
--
Kent Abendroth
1 answer Last reply

    What you need to understand is that you and each user has his or her own
    programs folder. Right click on the start button and then click "explore all
    users" and then look for your or the other persons name. Now click the +
    beside it in the tree view on the left and then click the + beside start menu
    and then the programs folder. Now there is a similiar program folder in the
    "all users" profile. If the program is installed there then it is available
    for everyone to use. The same thing goes if it is installed in the
    c:\programs. You will see that folder down lower on the tree view. So if you
    want it just for certain users then you need to remove it from the all
    users\start menu\programs as well as the c:\programs and place it in
    "name"\start menu\programs and it will then only be available to that person.
    When installing you are always give the choice as to where to install the
    program. It is usually defaults to c:\programs. But if you want it only for a
    certain user then you need to click the "browse" button and browse to that
    persons programs folder and then install it. This may mean that you have to
    do the same thing for each and every user that you want to have access the
    program. Clear as mud. Right. e:mail or repost if you need more help. {]:~)

    "Kent Abendroth" wrote:

    > I have 3 user account profiles on my system w/ XP Home. I would like to
    > remove AOL from my profile but have it available on the other 2 profiles.
    > How do you remove programs that launch automatically from 1 profile but not
    > delete them from the other profiles? I removed a lego program for my son
    > that would launch on my user account, and now it is removed from the system.
    > I uninstalled the program from add/remove programs thinking this would remove
    > it from my user account and not my son's user account.
    >
    > Where is the information on managing programs that launch automatically for
    > each user account?
    > Thank you..
    > --
    > Kent Abendroth