PCIe X800 GTOs for under $100

cleeve

Illustrious
This was pointed out to me by a new fellow on the forums named GluteusMaximus... NOT refurbished... two examples of which are currently on newegg, although I've seen them on pricewatch as well.

Not the best card in the world, but definitely the best for budget gamers. How could you go wrong for $100? What does it have to go up against, the 6600 vanilla, X700 vanilla, and X1300 PRO? It eats them all alive...

A 256-bit memory card for under $100. Bizarre.

Looks like it's time to change the 'best cards for the money' list again... geez, this is becoming a full-time job... :wink:

MrsD

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
Wow thanks for the tip NOT!
You can get a 6800XT with 256mb DDR3 for $95, I'd rather have that, it's unlockable and has double the memory and much faster memory to boot 8)

cleeve

Illustrious
1. With 8 pipelines, the 6800XT is certainly not faster. It is slower.

2. Not all 6800XTs are unlockable. Even if they do unlock, you aren't guaranteed 16 pipes. If you get 12 pipes you're still at par with the X800 GTO, which is guaranteed to have 12 pipes.

3. All the 6800XT's I can find are $119 or above. Some are cheaper with rebates right now, but that don't mean $hit. All cards can get rebates. It's the guaranteed day-to-day pricing that really counts.

What is the matter with you fanboys? It's like some kind of personal affront if somebody recommends a card not under your brand flag.

Instead of simply mentioning the 6800XT it as an alternative for people who are willing and able to take a chance, you come off like a whiney bitch. Try commenting like an adult sometime, although I gather the concept is alien to you.

Thanks for the intelligent comment, NOT!

mationman

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
I hope MrsD you do buy a 6800xt you deserve it, even if cleeve was wrong (which he isnt) you could have just answered nicely.