Outlook Express Problem with News Groups

I've used the News Groups Rules to flag msg's from me as watched,
and I see the spectacles icon against them.

But when I select Show Flagged Msg's from the Views Bar,
nothing appears.

I'm using Outlook Express under XP.

Hope you can help,
Peter.

"Peter Chatterton" <peterchatterton@bellnet.ca> wrote in message
| I've used the News Groups Rules to flag msg's from me as watched,
| and I see the spectacles icon against them.
|
| But when I select Show Flagged Msg's from the Views Bar,
| nothing appears.
|
| I'm using Outlook Express under XP.
|
| Hope you can help,
| Peter.

I think you may be confusing "watched" messages (the spectacles) with
"flagged" messages (the red flag). Try CTRL + H to show only your watched
messages. Repeat to go back to regular view.

I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
I was just trying to help.
advice herein.
No warranty is expressed or implied.
Your mileage may vary.
See store for details. :)

Remove shoes to E-mail.

"HillBillyBuddhist" <hillbillybuddhist@shoescolumbus.rr.com> wrote in
message news:urykCyolEHA.1936@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> "Peter Chatterton" <peterchatterton@bellnet.ca> wrote in message
> | I've used the News Groups Rules to flag msg's from me as watched,
> | and I see the spectacles icon against them.
> |
> | But when I select Show Flagged Msg's from the Views Bar,
> | nothing appears.
> |
> | I'm using Outlook Express under XP.
> |
> | Hope you can help,
> | Peter.
>
> I think you may be confusing "watched" messages (the spectacles) with
> "flagged" messages (the red flag). Try CTRL + H to show only your watched
> messages. Repeat to go back to regular view.

> I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
> I was just trying to help.
> Please use your own best judgment before implementing any suggestions or
> advice herein.
> No warranty is expressed or implied.
> Your mileage may vary.
> See store for details. :)
>
> Remove shoes to E-mail.

Slight correction. CTRL + H will show threads with messages from you, not
limited to "flagged" messages. It won't show flagged messages/threads to
which you personally did not respond/post. I mark all messages to which I
respond as watched so it works out the same for me. You can click the top
row where the picture of the spectacles is shown to bring all watched
messages to the top.

My apologies for the confusion.

Remove shoes to E-mail.

Thanks, you've found the problem.

I can't find any ctrl-H on the menus, where would it be?
Are there other secret commands?

I'm still a bit confused because my home machine
has a Views line that shows the spectacled msg's.
Someone else set that up.

Peter.

"HillBillyBuddhist" <hillbillybuddhist@shoescolumbus.rr.com> wrote in
message news:urykCyolEHA.1936@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> "Peter Chatterton" <peterchatterton@bellnet.ca> wrote in message
> | I've used the News Groups Rules to flag msg's from me as watched,
> | and I see the spectacles icon against them.
> |
> | But when I select Show Flagged Msg's from the Views Bar,
> | nothing appears.
> |
> | I'm using Outlook Express under XP.
> |
> | Hope you can help,
> | Peter.
>
> I think you may be confusing "watched" messages (the spectacles) with
> "flagged" messages (the red flag). Try CTRL + H to show only your watched
> messages. Repeat to go back to regular view.

> I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
> I was just trying to help.
> Please use your own best judgment before implementing any suggestions or
> advice herein.
> No warranty is expressed or implied.
> Your mileage may vary.
> See store for details. :)
>
> Remove shoes to E-mail.

Ctrl + H = View | Current View | Show Replies to My Messages

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:t700d.25754$lP4.1686145@news20.bellglobal.com,
Peter Chatterton <peterchatterton@bellnet.ca> hunted and pecked:
> Thanks, you've found the problem.
>
> I can't find any ctrl-H on the menus, where would it be?
> Are there other secret commands?
>
> I'm still a bit confused because my home machine
> has a Views line that shows the spectacled msg's.
> Someone else set that up.
>
> Peter.
>

> "HillBillyBuddhist" <hillbillybuddhist@shoescolumbus.rr.com> wrote in
> message news:urykCyolEHA.1936@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>> "Peter Chatterton" <peterchatterton@bellnet.ca> wrote in message
>>> I've used the News Groups Rules to flag msg's from me as watched,
>>> and I see the spectacles icon against them.
>>>
>>> But when I select Show Flagged Msg's from the Views Bar,
>>> nothing appears.
>>>
>>> I'm using Outlook Express under XP.
>>>
>>> Hope you can help,
>>> Peter.
>>
>> I think you may be confusing "watched" messages (the spectacles) with
>> "flagged" messages (the red flag). Try CTRL + H to show only your
>> watched messages. Repeat to go back to regular view.
>>
>> --
>>
>> I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
>> I was just trying to help.
>> Please use your own best judgment before implementing any
>> suggestions or advice herein.
>> No warranty is expressed or implied.
>> Your mileage may vary.
>> See store for details. :)
>>
>> Remove shoes to E-mail.

| "HillBillyBuddhist" <hillbillybuddhist@shoescolumbus.rr.com> wrote in
| message news:urykCyolEHA.1936@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
| > "Peter Chatterton" <peterchatterton@bellnet.ca> wrote in message
| > | I've used the News Groups Rules to flag msg's from me as watched,
| > | and I see the spectacles icon against them.
| > |
| > | But when I select Show Flagged Msg's from the Views Bar,
| > | nothing appears.
| > |
| > | I'm using Outlook Express under XP.
| > |
| > | Hope you can help,
| > | Peter.
| >
| > I think you may be confusing "watched" messages (the spectacles) with
| > "flagged" messages (the red flag). Try CTRL + H to show only your
watched
| > messages. Repeat to go back to regular view.
| >
| > --
| >
| > I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
| > I was just trying to help.
| > Please use your own best judgment before implementing any suggestions or
| > advice herein.
| > No warranty is expressed or implied.
| > Your mileage may vary.
| > See store for details. :)
| >
| > Remove shoes to E-mail.

Remove shoes to E-mail.
"Peter Chatterton" <peterchatterton@bellnet.ca> wrote in message
| Thanks, you've found the problem.
|
| I can't find any ctrl-H on the menus, where would it be?
| Are there other secret commands?
|
| I'm still a bit confused because my home machine
| has a Views line that shows the spectacled msg's.
| Someone else set that up.
|
| Peter.

CTRL + H on the keyboard. (both at the same time)

Interestingly none of the lists of keyboard shortcuts I could find include
the CTRL + H combination but I use it all the time. (must really be a secret
:)

Here is one such list;
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/using/productdoc/en/default.asp?url=/windowsxp/home/using/productdoc/en/mail_hotkeys.asp

<same link>

http://tinyurl.com/4xony

> Ctrl + H = View | Current View | Show Replies to My Messages
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
> Wes
>
> In news:t700d.25754$lP4.1686145@news20.bellglobal.com,
> Peter Chatterton <peterchatterton@bellnet.ca> hunted and pecked:
> > Thanks, you've found the problem.
> >
> > I can't find any ctrl-H on the menus, where would it be?
> > Are there other secret commands?
> >
> > I'm still a bit confused because my home machine
> > has a Views line that shows the spectacled msg's.
> > Someone else set that up.
> >
> > Peter.
> >

> > "HillBillyBuddhist" <hillbillybuddhist@shoescolumbus.rr.com> wrote in
> > message news:urykCyolEHA.1936@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> >> "Peter Chatterton" <peterchatterton@bellnet.ca> wrote in message

> >> I think you may be confusing "watched" messages (the spectacles) with
> >> "flagged" messages (the red flag). Try CTRL + H to show only your
> >> watched messages. Repeat to go back to regular view.
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
> >> I was just trying to help.
> >> Please use your own best judgment before implementing any
> >> suggestions or advice herein.
> >> No warranty is expressed or implied.
> >> Your mileage may vary.
> >> See store for details. :)
> >>
> >> Remove shoes to E-mail.

I've added a new view I call Watched:

View > Current Views > Define Views > New >
"Where the message is watched Show the message"

This way I don't have to remember ^H.

Thanks again,
Peter.