e-dimensional

Hi,
Anyone using and have opinions on e-dimensionals IR tracker and 3d wireless
glasses for LCD monitors?
I am considering purchasing both the head tracker and the wireless 3d
glasses for use with my LCD monitor and wondered if anybody could give an
opinion based on experience. TIA Phil
2 answers Last reply
More about dimensional

    My tuppence worth: Get Track-IR. Don't bother with the 3D glasses unless you
    can borrow some first to try out, and even then get the wired version.

    The 3D glasses give an interesting effect, but not one that I wanted to
    continue with. It hits your frame rates and for me was a sure-fire way to a
    headache. I regretted getting the wireless version too, since the batteries
    don't last all that long and they are expensive.

    Track-IR is a different matter. It takes a little getting used to but once
    you've used it you won't want to run the sim without it. I bought the vector
    expansion recently and found it well worth the money. The proviso is that
    you have an aircraft you like flying that has a decent virtual cockpit.

    I haven't actually tried the two together as the glasses have been in the
    loft since a few weeks after I bought them. The effect of Track-IR may
    redeem them, but I doubt it!

    Phil

    "Plymyphil" <prolt@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > Anyone using and have opinions on e-dimensionals IR tracker and 3d
    > wireless glasses for LCD monitors?
    > I am considering purchasing both the head tracker and the wireless 3d
    > glasses for use with my LCD monitor and wondered if anybody could give an
    > opinion based on experience. TIA Phil

    Here's what I said about TrackIR last week:
    http://simradar.com/cgi-bin/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_threaded;post=24973
    8;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;

Wireless 3D Video Games