e-dimensional

Last response: in Video Games
a b F Wireless
July 2, 2005 9:34:15 PM

Hi,
Anyone using and have opinions on e-dimensionals IR tracker and 3d wireless
glasses for LCD monitors?
I am considering purchasing both the head tracker and the wireless 3d
glasses for use with my LCD monitor and wondered if anybody could give an
opinion based on experience. TIA Phil

More about : dimensional

July 3, 2005 12:02:03 AM

My tuppence worth: Get Track-IR. Don't bother with the 3D glasses unless you
can borrow some first to try out, and even then get the wired version.

The 3D glasses give an interesting effect, but not one that I wanted to
continue with. It hits your frame rates and for me was a sure-fire way to a
headache. I regretted getting the wireless version too, since the batteries
don't last all that long and they are expensive.

Track-IR is a different matter. It takes a little getting used to but once
you've used it you won't want to run the sim without it. I bought the vector
expansion recently and found it well worth the money. The proviso is that
you have an aircraft you like flying that has a decent virtual cockpit.

I haven't actually tried the two together as the glasses have been in the
loft since a few weeks after I bought them. The effect of Track-IR may
redeem them, but I doubt it!

Phil

!