skype info...

Hi,
I've just seen Skype can be used to make "normal" phone call, paying some
money...

Have somebody already tried this service?
is it nice?

I'm interested in calling mobile phones from skype... and I see rates are
very low... I'm now in Italy

but I wasn't able to read somewhere if you can make calling to mobile phones

I'd appreciate your help...

Bye
8 answers Last reply
More about skype info

    Hello:
    I've just tried it calling from Madrid to Malaga (Spain) and works fine. The
    sound quality is good. 0.168 Euros for 13:27 minutes.
    Juan

    U¿ytkownik Juan napisa³:

    [...]

    how i can add some $ to my account?
    any link?

    R,
    --

    _For e.mail, click this_: http://e-mail.notlong.com

    Juan wrote:

    > Hello:
    > I've just tried it calling from Madrid to Malaga (Spain) and works fine.
    > The
    > sound quality is good. 0.168 Euros for 13:27 minutes.
    > Juan

    Ok... but...
    Can I use it to call mobile phones?

    What is a "regular phone"?
    I read "regular phone" on the Skype site... but I don't what it should
    exactly mean...
    I would like to use skype to call mobile phones!...

    Thanks a lot!

    linux wrote:

    > Juan wrote:
    >
    >> Hello:
    >> I've just tried it calling from Madrid to Malaga (Spain) and works fine.
    >> The
    >> sound quality is good. 0.168 Euros for 13:27 minutes.
    >> Juan
    >

    > Ok... but...
    > Can I use it to call mobile phones?
    >
    > What is a "regular phone"?
    > I read "regular phone" on the Skype site... but I don't what it should
    > exactly mean...
    > I would like to use skype to call mobile phones!...
    >
    > Thanks a lot!

    I believe this is doable under skype with a Voice modem and its driver (I
    have never done this!). Just go to "Options" in Skype, and see if it will
    recognize your voice modem's sound card. If so, use that with auto answer
    and have the modem connected to the CO line. So, whe someone calls U, s/he
    will get a dial-tone right the way. Becarefull when giving your skype
    account away mainly because any incoming calls will have an unlimited
    access to your telephone line.

    --
    root/administrator
  5. Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip (More info?)

    "root/administrator" <administrator@dev.null.dnsalias.net> wrote

    How does Skype compare with FWD, when trying to call other numbers?

    Mer
  6. Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip (More info?)

    < Can I use it to call mobile phones ?

    Yes, it is possible.

    Juan
  7. Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip (More info?)

    when i visited the skype web site i didn't see anything about using
    skype to call regular telephones. If it can be done where is the
    information for this on the website or is it only visible after
    installing the program. I have no need for another PC to PC voice
    service but PC to phone for reasonable pay-as-you-go money is
    something i want.

    Charlie
  8. Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip (More info?)

    "charlie3" <charlie@cdsdetroit.com> escribió en el mensaje
    > when i visited the skype web site i didn't see anything about using
    > skype to call regular telephones. If it can be done where is the
    > information for this on the website or is it only visible after
    > installing the program. I have no need for another PC to PC voice
    > service but PC to phone for reasonable pay-as-you-go money is
    > something i want.
    >
    > Charlie

    https://secure.skype.com/store/member.login.html?message=login_required

    if you have skype accont, login ........

    this is the price list

    https://secure.skype.com/store/help.pricelist.html

    Juan

VPN Mobile Phones Skype Networking