skype info...

Last response: in Networking
June 28, 2004 9:11:33 PM

Hi,
I've just seen Skype can be used to make "normal" phone call, paying some
money...

Have somebody already tried this service?
is it nice?

I'm interested in calling mobile phones from skype... and I see rates are
very low... I'm now in Italy

but I wasn't able to read somewhere if you can make calling to mobile phones

I'd appreciate your help...

Bye

More about : skype info

June 29, 2004 2:38:01 AM

Hello:
I've just tried it calling from Madrid to Malaga (Spain) and works fine. The
sound quality is good. 0.168 Euros for 13:27 minutes.
Juan
July 1, 2004 6:09:37 AM

U¿ytkownik Juan napisa³:

[...]

how i can add some $ to my account?
any link?

R,
--

_For e.mail, click this_: http://e-mail.notlong.com
July 2, 2004 3:45:09 PM

Juan wrote:

> Hello:
> I've just tried it calling from Madrid to Malaga (Spain) and works fine.
> The
> sound quality is good. 0.168 Euros for 13:27 minutes.
> Juan

Ok... but...
Can I use it to call mobile phones?

What is a "regular phone"?
I read "regular phone" on the Skype site... but I don't what it should
exactly mean...
I would like to use skype to call mobile phones!...

Thanks a lot!
Anonymous
July 2, 2004 7:30:27 PM

linux wrote:

> Juan wrote:
>
>> Hello:
>> I've just tried it calling from Madrid to Malaga (Spain) and works fine.
>> The
>> sound quality is good. 0.168 Euros for 13:27 minutes.
>> Juan
>

> Ok... but...
> Can I use it to call mobile phones?
>
> What is a "regular phone"?
> I read "regular phone" on the Skype site... but I don't what it should
> exactly mean...
> I would like to use skype to call mobile phones!...
>
> Thanks a lot!

I believe this is doable under skype with a Voice modem and its driver (I
have never done this!). Just go to "Options" in Skype, and see if it will
recognize your voice modem's sound card. If so, use that with auto answer
and have the modem connected to the CO line. So, whe someone calls U, s/he
will get a dial-tone right the way. Becarefull when giving your skype
account away mainly because any incoming calls will have an unlimited
access to your telephone line.

--
root/administrator
Anonymous

"root/administrator" <administrator@dev.null.dnsalias.net> wrote

How does Skype compare with FWD, when trying to call other numbers?

Mer
July 5, 2004 1:58:07 PM

< Can I use it to call mobile phones ?

Yes, it is possible.

Juan
Anonymous
July 14, 2004 5:04:56 PM

when i visited the skype web site i didn't see anything about using
skype to call regular telephones. If it can be done where is the
information for this on the website or is it only visible after
installing the program. I have no need for another PC to PC voice
service but PC to phone for reasonable pay-as-you-go money is
something i want.

Charlie
July 15, 2004 3:57:42 AM

"charlie3" <charlie@cdsdetroit.com> escribió en el mensaje
> when i visited the skype web site i didn't see anything about using
> skype to call regular telephones. If it can be done where is the
> information for this on the website or is it only visible after
> installing the program. I have no need for another PC to PC voice
> service but PC to phone for reasonable pay-as-you-go money is
> something i want.
>
> Charlie

https://secure.skype.com/store/member.login.html?messag...

if you have skype accont, login ........

this is the price list

https://secure.skype.com/store/help.pricelist.html

Juan
!