• Yes, definately they are.

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Why should they?

Votes: 11 55.0%

• Total voters

Legenic

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2006
no they're not. don't be so biased and open your eyes to the fact that they're not going to be making lackluster P4 designed cpus forever.

WINDSHEAR

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2006
you bet, Legenic. Intel made the best CPU's before P4, and it looks like they will hopefully resume being the best, with Conroe. We'll just have to wait and see. :)

sandmannight

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
when it comes to gaming they are a little low end but they arent bad and when conroe comes out they will most likely be on top for a while if benchmarks are accurate

mpasternak

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2005
Maybe for a week.

it's the same thing as always. one goes up for a bit. one goes down for a bit

don't be a fanboy and just keep watching performance

TurricaN_BEL_

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2006
Oh yeah , bang for the buck thats whats important for me.
I aint making millions here so perfomance/value/overclockability is extremely important to me.
Today i have an AMD , tomorrow it could be an Intel , who knows....
The one who gives me most value for my hard-earned money gets it , no matter who....even if it was as Cyrix , as long as it outperforms everything on a price/performance scale.......name or clockspeed dont mean nothing to me.
All too many n00bs look at Mhz as if it was the only thing that matters.......
Better a low clocked Athlon (at the moment) then a red hot, high revving P4 wich has performance like a snail....
But things change so fast....
Look at 3DFX , once they were GOD , now they dont even exist anymore(I stil have my VooDoo 2 12MB though) :lol:

DrGadget

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2006
Intel wisely decided to abort the P4 line. Conroe is based more on the Pentium M. It's not just more of the same, jack up the clock speed. Based on the **early** results and rhetoric, I like Conroe better. Right now, I'm pro-AMD for perf/price but Conroe looks like it's set to change that.

AMD has dumped a bucket of ice water on Intel in the last few years and Intel has woken up. I still can't tell from the biased pre-tests whether AMD or Intel will be faster once AM2 and Conroe hit the street. Will it be a tie?

If Conroe does indeed become the hands-down performance champ, this will dump a bucket of ice water on AMD, who will then burn the midnight oil crafting a Conroe killer. And Intel will respond by making a Conroe killer killer. It's the escalation of war.

So next year, we might go through all of this again.

WINDSHEAR

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2006
Intel wisely decided to abort the P4 line. Conroe is based more on the Pentium M. It's not just more of the same, jack up the clock speed. Based on the **early** results and rhetoric, I like Conroe better. Right now, I'm pro-AMD for perf/price but Conroe looks like it's set to change that.

AMD has dumped a bucket of ice water on Intel in the last few years and Intel has woken up. I still can't tell from the biased pre-tests whether AMD or Intel will be faster once AM2 and Conroe hit the street. Will it be a tie?

If Conroe does indeed become the hands-down performance champ, this will dump a bucket of ice water on AMD, who will then burn the midnight oil crafting a Conroe killer. And Intel will respond by making a Conroe killer killer. It's the escalation of war.

So next year, we might go through all of this again.

that would be cool,... I can hardly wait :D

Action_Man

Splendid
Jan 7, 2004
face-profile.jpg

Slinky%20Original%20Metal.jpg

pengwin

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2006
i agree with th eperson above

also i dont care as long as the CPU i buy is cheap and preforms better than something at the same price point