Automated System Recovery

If I use the Automated System Recover wizard in the
windows xp Backup utility to make an ASR *.bkf file (plus
the floppy the wizard makes), on my computers hard drive,
then copy this file to another computer that is linked
peer to peer, while I be able to use this *.bkf file on a
the hard drive of the networked computer, to perform a
recovery? Or must I have the *.bkf file on media that is
part of the computer I am trying to do a recovery for?

Anyone know?
1 answer Last reply
More about automated system recovery

    heres a list of articles on ASR:
    http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?Queryc=automated+system+recovery&Query=automated+system+recovery&srch=sup&catalog=LCID%3D1033%26CDID%3DEN-US-KB%26PRODLISTSRC%3DON&Product=msall&KeywordType=ALL&Titles=false&numDays=&MaxResults=25&srchstep=2

    "nomenclator" wrote:

    > If I use the Automated System Recover wizard in the
    > windows xp Backup utility to make an ASR *.bkf file (plus
    > the floppy the wizard makes), on my computers hard drive,
    > then copy this file to another computer that is linked
    > peer to peer, while I be able to use this *.bkf file on a
    > the hard drive of the networked computer, to perform a
    > recovery? Or must I have the *.bkf file on media that is
    > part of the computer I am trying to do a recovery for?
    >
    > Anyone know?

Computers System Recovery Windows XP