Twin Monitor Question

rvanbel

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2006
I wanted to know how I can setup two mintors to my single tower. I have an AMD Athlon 3200 Venice Socket 939 CPU, Asus A8N-SLi mobo, Geil 1gb x2 memory, 2 7600GT OC BFG Vid Cards, Audigy 2 Sound Card. Any info will be helpful. Thanks

horstmann

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2006
That card should have two heads on it. Just plug one monitor into each head and turn on the second monitor in your video driver. Use the same card to control both monitors. I think you could hook up four monitors, if you really wanted to, but I am not sure on that.

PDH-NicFury

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2006
I know that you can't have more than one monitor in SLI, unless a driver revision has fixed this (haven't seen one though). I think you can hook up to three monitors if SLI is disabled, but don't quote me on that...

PDH-NicFury

rvanbel

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2006
Well, I will look into it with Asus and with BFG. It was a thought, and I was curious to see if I am able to. Thanks though

gomerpile

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2005
Nview desttop use dual view its works better than the others, setup desttop manager there are plenty of setting to this. Very usefull is the Nview tool bar this gives you the option for the desttops in the all applications in the top of the explorer app.
Make sure you set the option of individual setting for each desktop you can find this in nview menu Options anthor nice feature is throw window to the other desttop. Also you can choose which program to open on which desttop there is a good find tool that you will need to use for this LOL dude

rvanbel

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2006
So I guess its not looking good. I was reading in the manual and there a mulit- monitor display setting. however, It doesn't state anything having to do with SLI. Again, if anyone can help with more, I would appreciate it. Thanks

rvanbel

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2006
Ok, so from what I read at nvidia, if I don't have the cards in SLi mode, I can have up to 4 monitors connected. But if it is in SLi mode I can only have 1 monitor. So I guess there is in no way I can have mulitple montiors in SLi mode?

rvanbel

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2006
ok, so when SLi is not enabled I can have the two monitors connected. My other question is where do I plug in the second monitor? In the Master Vid Card or the Slave Vid Card?

Sonic_Reducer

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2006
just my idea here , even in sli mode you should be able to conect the 2 monitors on to the master card but nothing like trying it , jus hook up the monitor and see if ti can be enable on the driver ;)

rvanbel

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2006
well from the forums and reports I have been reading on Nvidia.com and various others, they say you can not hook two monitors up in SLI mode. However, it can be enabled and disabled with the driver download without having to restart the pc.

rvanbel

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2006
well I will try it this weekend. I am putting my new pc together. Thats why I am trying to find as much information as possible. I work with CAD, Photoshop and Office, so the the more I can view the better. Thanks

delanooch

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2006
I urn off SLI and drag my browser, Teamspeak and chat programs over to the second monitor while gaming, works great for me! No alt+tab for me since some games have a problem doing it.

rvanbel

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2006
ya can't wait to try out the two monitors, I don't mind having to disable to sli with out a reboot. And I will check in to the video splitter

bront

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2001
I urn off SLI and drag my browser, Teamspeak and chat programs over to the second monitor while gaming, works great for me! No alt+tab for me since some games have a problem doing it.
Is that on the second card?

I've been pondering a second monitor, and I only have 1 video card. Having the 3D display and a secondary desktop window would be quite usefull

rvanbel

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2006
well we just set up the system over the weekend, and yes without the sli enabled, you can have a two monitor setup. However, with sli enabled you can't have a two monitor setup. But all in all, its still great.

delanooch

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2006
well we just set up the system over the weekend, and yes without the sli enabled, you can have a two monitor setup. However, with sli enabled you can't have a two monitor setup. But all in all, its still great.

Yes we covered this several times, I think we are now reapeating ourselves.

rvanbel

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2006
One question, how do I set each monitor to not show the same thing, or to not strecth the primary desktop. Do I need to download that new beta driver from nvidia?