Sign in with
Your question

looking for smooth and stylish case.. are there any?//???

Tags:
  • Power Supplies
  • Cases
  • Components
  • Product
Last response: in Components
April 10, 2006 8:23:48 PM

Whats up people, im putting together a new top of the line rig and i have all the components thought out except for the case.( FX-60, raptor 150, wd400gb 7900gt etc uknow the drill) So far what im seeing on the market are either alien gizmo kind of cases or just solid block cases(lian li) and there is nothing in the middle. Im looking for a high end(well a solid quality case) that actually would complement a office environment and have a touch of gamers edge to it; but not go overboard with UV rays beeming all over and blinding my boss. So far i had my eye on these cases,

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E1681...

What do you guys think? any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thank you, Al

More about : smooth stylish case

April 10, 2006 8:41:57 PM

not the stacker it looks ok but if u install all the fans very noisy

eclipse DV has a built in DVD drive in the door no need for that so not the ecplise DV

i'd recommend the taichi or the other CM case u found, taichi very good build, very heavy very big, the preaterion may look bette rin a work environment though
Related resources
April 10, 2006 9:29:49 PM

Have you checked out xoxide.com or frozencpu.com ?
It's a tough call. Unless you have a computer desk with a tower cubby, you are stuck with something that may not match anything else in the room. If you don't find exactly what you want, don't be afraid to modify it.
Good Luck
April 10, 2006 9:43:10 PM

actually if ur like me and wait a bit for the gigabyte poseidon

its not out yet maybe a month or so but its nice

google it only 2 places got reviews hardwarezone and hardware secrets
April 10, 2006 10:20:12 PM

http://www.dvhardware.net/review77_nzxt_lexa.html

The cooling is great! It looks stylish and it even has a carrying strap if you wanna take it home from the office :p 

Great case! Personally I have a custom designed acrylic but for a retail case you can't get much better 120mm fans so cold as hell and quiet!
April 10, 2006 10:21:39 PM

Nice someone else recommended it too! hahahahhahaha It is a l33t case and will be cold, quiet, and lingin
April 10, 2006 10:52:45 PM

I suggest a Silverstone Case ... I personally like the TJ04 or TJ06. Clean-lines and Blue Lights. Perfect for the Office Environment.
April 10, 2006 11:03:21 PM

Well, the only thing that I don't like about the Lexa case is that it has a plastic front bezel. I personally like the TT Armour, Kandalf, and Tsunami cases. Lian-Li's and Silverstone cases are nice too. You can check this site out as well for custom modded cases:

http://www.frozencpu.com/index.html?id=d5GTUtaM
April 10, 2006 11:27:08 PM

I have seen the stacker up close very nice case rigged for all 120 mm fans so then run quieter. very well built case close in quality with a lian li in fact it is the case i will buy next. no need to install all the case fans good air flow with half the fans. and as far as installing goes it has an easy to remove mobo tray and if you havent built a computer with a removable mobo tray you have no idea what you are missing.
April 10, 2006 11:40:40 PM

a coolermaster wavemaster or antec has some pretty nice cases,

greetz
April 11, 2006 1:03:22 AM

My coolermaster stacker 810. Great case.

April 11, 2006 5:25:23 AM

im looking at getting a CM stacker 810. does it have awesome cooling? how many fans have you hooked up in the front? I cant really decide between Antec P180, CM Stack 810.
April 11, 2006 6:13:38 AM

id go with the lexa if i were you, it has amazing airflow and cooling, the tool less design is a plus too, and its pretty as a bonus
April 11, 2006 9:04:31 AM

Quote:
I have seen the stacker up close very nice case rigged for all 120 mm fans so then run quieter. very well built case close in quality with a lian li in fact it is the case i will buy next. no need to install all the case fans good air flow with half the fans. and as far as installing goes it has an easy to remove mobo tray and if you havent built a computer with a removable mobo tray you have no idea what you are missing.

Is this the 830? Did you see it with fans running? I'm getting this case myself, and was wondering what the noise level is like. Personally, I'm going to be using 4 case fans, all hooked into a good controller, so I can disable them or slow them down if I want.
April 11, 2006 1:11:19 PM

Quote:
im looking at getting a CM stacker 810. does it have awesome cooling? how many fans have you hooked up in the front? I cant really decide between Antec P180, CM Stack 810.

It comes with 4 fans. I replaced all 4 with Antic fans. You can see the two 120's (back output) and the one 80 (top output) in that picture. There is also a 120 intake in the front that blows across the hard drives. You can put up two three 120's in the front. I just have that one, but may add a second one soon.
April 11, 2006 4:24:24 PM

I belive the 830 can hold 8 120mm which would be over kill it can have 2 in the front one on the bottom and one the blows thru the HD's to cool them. A blow hole in the top one on the back and can mount 4 o the side. I would put in all but the side which should be very good cooling without much noise.
April 11, 2006 5:13:51 PM

I like that Eclipse case , never saw that one in my search for a new case for myself "nice" I have the CMStacker 830 and I have to say I love it , I put the speed adjustable Antec 120mm fans in it on low and its very quiet, but its HUGE! if you are looking at mid , this one is not for you.

I have to agree with the people who suggested the Lexa case, I saw one of these built out at Fry's and I have to say it was very nice looking with that different kind of look to it.
April 11, 2006 8:38:06 PM

thats massively expensive no worth it a Tt Taichi is much better
April 11, 2006 8:54:29 PM

eh, I don't like the Tai Chi much, plus everyone and their mother's uncle has one. Tai Chi is also just as expensive as TJ07.
April 11, 2006 9:06:22 PM

Silverstone TJ04 ... smooth, clean lines, blue light.
April 11, 2006 9:32:03 PM

the silver stone TJ03 looks best
April 12, 2006 5:29:26 PM

The lexa seems the best choice to me, it can do office and LAN it has huge cooling potential and best of all it looks like nothing else its so damn shiny.
!