Purchasing I/O Shield for motherboard?

Da_Banig

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2006
Hi guys, does anyone knows a good website to purchase I/O shield for the motherboard? I am getting a refurbished motherboard, so it only comes with nothing else beside the board itself, but I need to find the I/O shield. Thanks

JonathanDeane

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
wow thats a tough one... I guess you could make one ? (it would be a PITA) You have some old one laying around ? they are all nearly custom so I doubt they would work outright but maybe with a little snipping and clipping ?

Edit:Also maybe you could email tech support of the manufacturer and they would send you one for a fee or maybe even free ? (call the phone number and complain it didnt come in the box maybe they will send it ?)

GherkinPekul

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2006
I had one board that didn't come with a shield.
I zip tied another fan in front of the hole, but that's just me.
You could try aluminum flashing from the hardware store. You can cut that out with a razor knife. Good luck.

BGP_Spook

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2006
I had an RMA that never came back with an IO shield.

So I took some paper and scissors and after about 45 minutes worth of grunting, snipping, and fitting I had myself an IO shield.
I threw it away a few months later.

MaximRecoil

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2005
Cases generally come with a fairly standard I/O shield. The one that came with my old Antec case was a perfect match for my Asus A7A266, so I didn't need to use the one that came with it. Of course, that was just a luck of the draw thing.

nigelf

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2006
leave it off.

Its not really important anyway. Depending on the cooling config it can slightly decrease the efficency and defenetely increase the amoount of dust in your pc.

Before you pay for something, leave it off