CONROE PERFORMANCE CLAIM BEING BUSTED

rettihSlluB

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2005
WOW. Now this is what I call astounding news that will STFU of all those Intel ****. :twisted:
The conclusion is: clock for clock, Athlon 64 will beat Conroe in real application environments that require a working set of larger than 4MB, or in other words, larger than Conroe's 4MB cache. This means in any real multi-tasking or server environment the Core architecture will be an underdog. Even worse, for Intel's shared cache architecture, cache thrashing is a distinct possibility under heavy server loads.

Once again, Intel saying half of the thruth and playing nasty with benchmarks results.
Shame on you Intel. :x

Rad the whole thing here:
http://sharikou.blogspot.com/

Action_Man

Splendid
Jan 7, 2004
face-profile.jpg

Slinky%20Original%20Metal.jpg

gOJDO

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2006
WOW. Now this is what I call astounding news that will STFU of all those Intel ****. :twisted:

Once again, Intel saying half of the thruth and playing nasty with benchmarks results.

I'll be faster than Action Man....
Get a new keyboard!

edit,
:(

Action man is so fast giving advices for new keyboards....

Anyway it is blogs from AMD fanboy without a clue

MadModMike

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
The conclusion is: clock for clock, Athlon 64 will beat Conroe in real application environments that require a working set of larger than 4MB, or in other words, larger than Conroe's 4MB cache. This means in any real multi-tasking or server environment the Core architecture will be an underdog. Even worse, for Intel's shared cache architecture, cache thrashing is a distinct possibility under heavy server loads.

The most hillarious part is all these "Conroe" and "AM2" "Benchmarks" claiming to use "Rev F" and saying "Conroe @ 2.4 gets blah blah in blah blah", it's quite humurous, specially from AnandIntel and IntelSystems.org (Also known as KiddySystems.org to REAL overclockers). Can't wait for the chips to be released and we see 2GHz AMD64's going toe-to-toe against a 2.66GHz "Conroe" (Intel will never release a 3.33, if you care to know why, PM me respectfully and I will respectfully reply).

LOL imagine 64-bit computing w/ a Conrad, LOL this otta be a great time for Intel Fanboys to start putting their tails between their legs and running away, before any real damage happens to your ego's....lol

~~Mad Mod Mike, pimpin' the world 1 rig at a time

enewmen

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2005
I believe the real Conroe will be benchmarked by a real online magazine, very shortly. Then we can see what really happens.
Too bad I can't change my alias name to "The Doctor".

MadModMike

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
I believe the real Conroe will be benchmarked by a real online magazine, very shortly. Then we can see what really happens.
Too bad I can't change my alias name to "The Doctor".

Benchmarks are going to lie, plain and simple. What needs to happen is use Multi-Tasking and Server Workload/Workstation Workload benchmarks to have a million things happening at once to test the efficiency of the Unified L2 Cache and Conroe, running SuperPI is going to be best for a Conroe, but doesn't prove it's real-world performance for the End-Users.

Grimmy

Splendid
Feb 20, 2006
Benchmarks should provide some kind of difference.

Thats almost saying looking at benchmarks, with AMD performance is a lie.

I agree some will like to be a marketing tool. But theres got to be a simple benchie to measure performace to an extent.

But to have a million things happen on a machine, isn't going to be an end users everyday experience.

Perhaps a enterprise server(especially if there is only 1).. yes.

MadModMike

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006

I agree some will like to be a marketing tool. But theres got to be a simple benchie to measure performace to an extent.

But to have a million things happen on a machine, isn't going to be an end users everyday experience.

So you don't listen to Tunez and open iexplore.exe (or other web browser) at once? You just do one...finish, close the app, than open the other? Some how I doubt that. I said Multi-Tasking benchmarks show performance in real-world, and only those. Otherwise, you're showing me 4MB Cache beats 1MB, and we already know that.

Grimmy

Splendid
Feb 20, 2006
LOL nope.. don't use Tunez.. I have explore to open in the same window. I use fire fox, so it stays all in one window with tabs.

I don't like to run too much on MS OS. Now the task bar, I may run ypops, folding, some other stuff, but I wouldn't open the same thing 2-10 times.

Linux on the other hand, I find myself opening up too man fricken windows (reminds me of my 1st mac experience :lol:) As well as terminals. But I like Konsole with its tabs :)

MadModMike

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
LOL nope.. don't use Tunez.. I have explore to open in the same window. I use fire fox, so it stays all in one window with tabs.

I don't like to run too much on MS OS. Now the task bar, I my run ypops, folding, some other stuff, but I wouldn't open the same thing 2-10 times.

Linux on the other hand, I find myself opening up too man fricken windows (reminds me of my 1st mac experience :lol:) As well as terminals. But I like Konsole with its tabs :)

By Tunez I mean MUSIC, not iTunez. Everybody Multi-Tasks, and my point is Conroe will not perform in Multi-Tasking, and once Real-World Benchmarks are released, we will see proof.

Grimmy

Splendid
Feb 20, 2006
LOL sorry.. I DON'T PLAY MUSIC MUCH ON MY PC... that is why I have a stereo in my room.

But I know, I see where your coming from, though like you said, we will see. :D

morg

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2005
conroe will be a good, compatible platform with good performance.

that's it...

it will do as much as a dual core Pentium-M with twice the cache and ... at higher clock...

and nothing more...

if there's something more to know, it will be known AFTER the release.

congrats to intel, they've put two pentium-M together and rainsed the clocking... completely expectable.
two prescott together ??? GOSH... how much heat does the 965EE ???

Intel recommends a 600-watt power supply for the Extreme Edition 965

was it THAT BAD ??

no... seriously, amd NEEDED something new to beat...

morg

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2005
get a new CPU

action ( nuff ) man said

OH NO !!!....

not the keyboard thing ???
i just got a new one ... not again ?

Some people are like slinkies ???
man, get a new signature

morg

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2005
i'm just laughing at intel...
if amd weren't there, prescott WOULD have reached 5ghz next year...
they would have stayed with their current architecture and telling everybody it couldn't be better...

intel is a company which wouldn't change anything unless they're losing everything...

the lawsuit has shown things intel can't afford to continue...
they must now find something new to regain the crown.
they can't buy exclusivity from principal builder ?

so they start giving benchmarks of something better, overperforming while advertising lower prices on release...
now THAT is something interesting...
intel is willing to decrease the market share while amd is still small.

that's it or else did they spent that much on the "so said" builders corruption ?... i don't think so...

they want to counter the bad image amd had given them with the lawsuit.

so... intel alone is nothing, amd alone is nothing, they just keep pushing each other to get better results...

----------------------------------
now conroe = 2x P-M higher clock/fsb, shared cache, SSE4, copper interconnects, more pins on the socket and more efficient marketing ???

i wanna know if i forget something
or should i start another thread only for conroe constitution?
letting action ma telling me to die like a slinky and then to buy a new keyboard ?

WINDSHEAR

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2006

So you don't listen to Tunez and open iexplore.exe (or other web browser) at once? You just do one...finish, close the app, than open the other? Some how I doubt that. I said Multi-Tasking benchmarks show performance in real-world, and only those. Otherwise, you're showing me 4MB Cache beats 1MB, and we already know that.

I multitask, to the extreme, and my P4 handles it all. I am quite pleased by the speed. It is really quick. And now you want to tell me that Conroe is gonna be no good for multitasking and real life? Go fly a kite. You're dreaming. My P4 has only 1MB cache, I think 4MB will handle all it needs to just fine. 4MB cache isn't the only change in design, nor is it really what is causing the performance increase. It's a change in design of the processor itself.

I already know what you have to say about the Conroe not being released at 3.33Ghz with a 1333Mhz bus.... and I can only say you are not very smart. How do you know that they are not going to? How do you know that they will not change the way the bus works? how do you know that they can't make the FSB work.... they are planning on doing a better job of the FSB, I know that much.

MadModMike

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006

I multitask, to the extreme, and my P4 handles it all. I am quite pleased by the speed. It is really quick. And now you want to tell me that Conroe is gonna be no good for multitasking and real life? Go fly a kite. You're dreaming. My P4 has only 1MB cache, I think 4MB will handle all it needs to just fine. 4MB cache isn't the only change in design, nor is it really what is causing the performance increase. It's a change in design of the processor itself.

I already know what you have to say about the Conroe not being released at 3.33Ghz with a 1333Mhz bus.... and I can only say you are not very smart. How do you know that they are not going to? How do you know that they will not change the way the bus works? how do you know that they can't make the FSB work.... they are planning on doing a better job of the FSB, I know that much.

P4 = Seperate 1MB (or 2MB) Level 2 Cache Per Core
Conroe = Unified L2 Cache For Core's

See, you're kinda dumb too...