cd printers

is there any other company that makes printers that print on cds except
epson.
John.H.
--

*Magic is believing in yourself*

*If you can do that*

*You can make anything happen*

Yes, but not available in the USA. It seems that Epson has finagled some
sort of rights to disc printing.
You can get a Canon in Europe that will do the job. If you're in the USA,
check out this supplier:
http://www.expansys-usa.com/product.asp?code=CAN_PIXMA_IP3000

A bit pricey though.

"John H" <jhensleys@att.net> wrote in message
> is there any other company that makes printers that print on cds except
> epson.
> John.H.
> --

> *Magic is believing in yourself*
>
> *If you can do that*
>
> *You can make anything happen*

I was thinking the same thing about epson having some type of rights in
the usa.I emailed hp and they said they had no plans of making a cd
printer.I have a epson R200 that prints cds real good.But I don't like
the cost of their cartridges.The cartridges don't last very long which
makes it expensve to print with.
John.H.

Dan G wrote:
> Yes, but not available in the USA. It seems that Epson has finagled some
> sort of rights to disc printing.
> You can get a Canon in Europe that will do the job. If you're in the USA,
> check out this supplier:
> http://www.expansys-usa.com/product.asp?code=CAN_PIXMA_IP3000
>
> A bit pricey though.
>

> "John H" <jhensleys@att.net> wrote in message
>
>>is there any other company that makes printers that print on cds except
>>epson.
>>John.H.
>>--

>> *Magic is believing in yourself*
>>
>> *If you can do that*
>>
>> *You can make anything happen*

--

* Magic Is Believing In Yourself*

*if you can do that*

* You Can Make Anything Happen *

You can refill those carts, or get compatible carts for about the same costs
as the Canon.
www.inkjetsaver.com

> I was thinking the same thing about epson having some type of rights in
> the usa.I emailed hp and they said they had no plans of making a cd
> printer.I have a epson R200 that prints cds real good.But I don't like
> the cost of their cartridges.The cartridges don't last very long which
> makes it expensve to print with.
> John.H.
>
> Dan G wrote:
> > Yes, but not available in the USA. It seems that Epson has finagled some
> > sort of rights to disc printing.
> > You can get a Canon in Europe that will do the job. If you're in the
USA,
> > check out this supplier:
> > http://www.expansys-usa.com/product.asp?code=CAN_PIXMA_IP3000
> >
> > A bit pricey though.
> >

> > "John H" <jhensleys@att.net> wrote in message
> >
> >>is there any other company that makes printers that print on cds except
> >>epson.
> >>John.H.
> >>--

> >> *Magic is believing in yourself*
> >>
> >> *If you can do that*
> >>
> >> *You can make anything happen*
> >>

> --
>

> * Magic Is Believing In Yourself*
>
> *if you can do that*
>
> * You Can Make Anything Happen *

What is your definition of "very long"? What settings are you printing your
CD's (or photos, for that matter) at? There is no need to print labels for
CD's at anything close to high resolution. I have just printed 10 CD labels
at low resolution settings on glossy paper, and 20 photos at the highest
resolution my R200 is capable of on glossy photo paper and I have used only
10% from each cartridge. I used to have an 820 and before that a 700 and I
have printed over 75 photos, in 8" x 10", at high resolution, on each of
them.