I was told that you can have more than one window active
on the desktop. I have never heard of this and wonder if
it is true, how do you do this?

How will I find the answer if I don't post my email
address?

This is my first time using this service.

"Gale" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I was told that you can have more than one window active
>on the desktop. I have never heard of this and wonder if
>it is true, how do you do this?

I think you mix this with virtual desktops or dual-monitor support in
Windows XP. There is no way in Windows to have more than one window
active at the same time.

--
(tm)

Excuse me Thorton????. I can and do frequently have more than one window
active at any given time. I often have multiple downloads from different
sites running as well. I can open any number of instances of IE and it's a
simple matter of altering the registry to get up to 16 or more simulataneous
connections for IE so that pages load faster. Click your IE shortcut on the
desktop then click the - to reduce it to the task bar now click the IE
shortcut again and once again the -. Do this as many times as you like. Now
you can click on any instance of the open window on the taskbar and size each
window so that if you have four running windows each will cover a quarter of
your screen. You can do this for as many as you like, although the more you
have open and visible at any one time the smaller they get. However, you can
leave them full size and then simply click on the taskbar instance of the
open window that you want to view to bring it to the front. So you see you
are quite incorrect in saying that you can't have more than one window active
at any given time, you certainly can. {]:~)

"The Unknown P" <( mikisiw@msn.com )> wrote:

>Excuse me Thorton????. I can and do frequently have more than one window
>active at any given time. I often have multiple downloads from different
>sites running as well. I can open any number of instances of IE and it's a
>simple matter of altering the registry to get up to 16 or more simulataneous
>connections for IE so that pages load faster. Click your IE shortcut on the
>desktop then click the - to reduce it to the task bar now click the IE
>shortcut again and once again the -. Do this as many times as you like. Now
>you can click on any instance of the open window on the taskbar and size each
>window so that if you have four running windows each will cover a quarter of
>your screen.

I think we talk about having more then one window have the focus at
the same time. What you mean is standard in Windows (actually the
biggest improvement over DOS: that you can run more than one
application at the same time).

--
(tm)

TRENDING THREADS