Sign in with
Your question

Conroe and AMD AM2

Last response: in CPUs
April 10, 2006 10:41:59 PM

ok ive seen the AM2 benchmarks, anyone got any conroe benchmarks?

although i know it doesnt look like AMD hasnt improved there performance you gotta remeber we(i :? ) havnt seen any conroe benchmarks yet, so i dotn know what the performance difference between the AM2 and the conroe will be. although we all the know the difference between AMD64 and AM2.

More about : conroe amd am2

April 10, 2006 11:09:48 PM

Quote:
ok ive seen the AM2 benchmarks, anyone got any conroe benchmarks?

although i know it doesnt look like AMD hasnt improved there performance you gotta remeber we(i :? ) havnt seen any conroe benchmarks yet, so i dotn know what the performance difference between the AM2 and the conroe will be. although we all the know the difference between AMD64 and AM2.

There are a few benchmarks out, but they are just small ones that utilize the entire or less than 4MB Cache of Conroe, once you get into applications that utilize large memory (Such as Multitasking and Servers) Conroe is beaten Clock For Clock by an A64. Once you move into 64-bit, a Conroe @ 2.4GHz has a hard time keeping pace with even a A64 2800+.

BTW: AMD64 is an architecture, AM2 is also an AMD64. AMD64 K8 in 64-bit environments have 40% improvement over Conroe at same clock speed.

~~Mad Mod Mike, pimpin' the world 1 rig at a time
April 11, 2006 7:28:30 AM

I think he was implying that anything that comes out of IDF is Intel propaganda, and can't be considered a benchmark.
I have to agree there. I'm not about to ask glidden, whose paint I should use on my house.
!