trying to use _dial-up_ and _cable_ together.help!

Pavakah

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2003
Thanks for any help I can get.

I have a situation where I need to stream a radio feed from my _cable_ internet connection (onto which I have set up a linksys wireless network), _and_ be able to use a dial-up modem _on_the_same_computer_ to briefly and periodically make connections to our creditcard processing service. THE PROBLEM is that when one of these connections is active, the other connection will not work because they both seem to want to use the same COM port. I am an amateur at the networking stuff, and this one has me stumped. Is there a permenant solution for this? I've gotten it to work temporarily before, by changing com port assignments on the modem, but the next day I have the same problem even with the new port assignment.

Any way I can permenantly keep these two connections off of eachother's toes?

*NOTE* browsing the internet on the cable connection does work simultaineously with the dial-up, just not the internet radio feed.

Thanks,
David

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
well, i dont know exactly how to do what you need, i dumped dial up a long long time ago. but maybe i can get you back on track. forget about com ports. your cable modem either connects via network card or usb. they dont use com ports. maybe if you bridged the connections, using windows 2000 or xp i mean.

<font color=red> black </font color=red> <font color=green> white </font color=green> <font color=blue> yellow </font color=blue> <font color=orange> purple </font color=orange> <font color=black> red </font color=black> <font color=yellow> green </font color=yellow> <font color=purple> blue </font color=purple>

You may have the choice of COMS 3 or 4 in the dial up adapter properties. Look under that or under ports in the control panel.

<b><font color=blue>~ <A HREF="http://forums.btvillarin.com/index.php?act=ST&f=41&t=324&s=58e94ba84a16bedfebbf0f416d5bac48" target="_new">System Specs</A> ~<font color=blue></b> :wink: