AMD Faces Pressure from Intel

Here's an interesting article I found today. I think AMD will have it's hands full only because, Intel has had a mediocre architecture for the last few years and now, they seem to have a promising new architecture coming. Not only that, Intel has still remained on top even with such an architecture. What are your thoughts on this?

http://www.forbes.com/markets/2006/04/07/amd-intel-0407markets12.html
15 answers Last reply
More about faces pressure intel
  1. Quote:
    Here's an interesting article I found today. I think AMD will have it's hands full only because, Intel has had a mediocre architecture for the last few years and now, they seem to have a promising new architecture coming. Not only that, Intel has still remained on top even with such an architecture. What are your thoughts on this?

    http://www.forbes.com/markets/2006/04/07/amd-intel-0407markets12.html


    No. Plain and simple. No. Conroe != || > K8. Sorry Fanboys.

    ~~Mad Mod Mike, pimpin' the world 1 rig at a time
  2. Which of course is based on your extensive benchmarking.
  3. Quote:
    Which of course is based on your extensive benchmarking.


    Not mine, but others.

    ~~Mad Mod Mike, pimpin' the world 1 rig at a time
  4. mmhmm.
  5. Okay... enuff of conroe and am2-64amds..

    Tell me more... about my:



    8O <blink><blink><blink><blink><blink>
  6. Quote:
    Okay... enuff of conroe and am2-64amds..

    Tell me more... about my:



    8O <blink><blink><blink><blink><blink>


    Didn't know you were an Intel Fanboy, but I'll add you to my list.

    ~~Mad Mod Mike, pimpin' the world 1 rig at a time
  7. LOL... I'm not exactly a fan boy, just wanted to through something else out there... all this AMD/INTEL crap is just... worthless, pointless to bicker about. Too much hype, so long away from getting real world benchies.

    Its really a never ending war, if your all about speed crown.

    I'm happy with what I have. If I wasn't... this P3, Tbird, P4 would have been in the trash along time ago.

    Edit: as far as the slinky toy goes.. that wasn't totally aimed at you MMM.
  8. We don't have enough information yet. Conroe looks promising but we only have Intel's word for it. AM2 will enter the picture initially with marginal, if any real performance enhancements however, this new socket + DDR2 should really come into play once AMD begins ramping up clock speeds. Don't forget that the K8 architecture scales really well.

    This is going to be a hard fought battle with, as always, Intel having much deeper pockets and loads of advertising dollars. Ultimately the market should remain highly competitive. This benefits the consumer.
  9. Why does this have to be a battle?

    Geesh.. why don't the AMD guys just get guns, go over to Intel and shoot everyone?

    Oh... nm :oops:
  10. Quote:
    Why does this have to be a battle?

    Geesh.. why don't the AMD guys just get guns, go over to Intel and shoot everyone?

    Oh... nm :oops:


    good question, now that we Intel fans have a better product, why do the AMD fans hate us so bad? And here I thought they liked performance and the best price as they claim :roll:
  11. Quote:
    Why does this have to be a battle?

    Geesh.. why don't the AMD guys just get guns, go over to Intel and shoot everyone?

    Oh... nm :oops:


    It is a battle because both AMD and Intel are fighting for marketshare and of course, your money, mine and everyone else's.
  12. Hence... nm :oops:

    I don't really see it a battle, struggle perhaps to have the better product for your/my money.

    I don't know... I'm prolly just not into the graphic discriptions of war.
  13. Quote:
    Hence... nm :oops:

    I don't really see it a battle, struggle perhaps to have the better product for your/my money.

    I don't know... I'm prolly just not into the graphic discriptions of war.


    it's just that AMD fans want a war with everybody armed with machine guns and automatic grenade launchers, whereas with Intel vs. AMD it's pricing, performance, product and consumer. Different kinds of war.
  14. It was an expression but surely you got my point.
  15. :wink:
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Intel AMD