sse4 instruction

nothing about benchmark.
nothing about manufacturer.
nothing about performance

WHAT IS IT MADE OF ?

no empty sense posts please

More about : conroe made

April 11, 2006 1:41:52 AM

Use the search function. It was invented for a reason!
April 11, 2006 1:42:59 AM

Quote:
what can we tell of it...

P-M alike architecture with higher fsb/clock speed
same amount of cache but it's shareable between cores 1x4mb 2x2mb
copper interconnects.
speculative maximum clock of 3.33 ghz through 45nm process
actual seems to be 2.4ghz
sse4 instruction

nothing about benchmark.

WHAT IS IT MADE OF ?

Modified P6 core.
Related resources
April 11, 2006 1:44:13 AM

Like alot of American womens boobs these days, Silicon
April 11, 2006 1:44:42 AM

Quote:
what can we tell of it...

copper interconnects.
sse4 instruction

nothing about benchmark.

WHAT IS IT MADE OF ?

Modified P6 core.

It's a Glorified Pentium 3....nothing more, nothing less...

~~Mad Mod Mike, pimpin' the world 1 rig at a time
April 11, 2006 1:46:36 AM

Just like the K8 is a glorified K7. :roll:
April 11, 2006 1:49:15 AM

Quote:

Yea, with just a *few* modifications.... :roll:

April 11, 2006 1:50:55 AM

Quote:

Yea, with just a *few* modifications.... :roll:

I would have to say 4 instructions per clock which breaks the 3 intructions per clock all other X86 processors to date are able to achieve as something worth merit.
April 11, 2006 1:53:58 AM

it's made of speculations, guessings and a little bit of marketing
April 11, 2006 1:54:16 AM

it's made of speculations and guessings
April 11, 2006 1:54:33 AM

it's made of speculations,guessings and a lot of rumors

crap, it doesnt allow me to delete the other 2 posts :( 
April 11, 2006 1:54:50 AM

what ? 4 posts and only additionnal info is on the precedent architecture ?

ok then

copper interconnects.
sse4 instruction

and i add P-M is a glorified P3 ???
it's a P3
consuming less power in order to fit in a laptop
includes lastest P4 478 and 775 instructions set,
incoming 64 bit AND as it's bottleneck is cache memory and fsb,
it had first 1mb cache and then 2mb cache

this one's for action man
Some people are like slinkies....
they keep getting lower and lower and lower
April 11, 2006 1:55:14 AM

Yeah because conroe has no changes. :roll:
April 11, 2006 1:55:35 AM

and AMD is made up of idiots like MMM :roll:
April 11, 2006 1:56:45 AM

Quote:

Hmm.................What?

April 11, 2006 2:01:00 AM

Quote:

Hey wait a minute, your statement is tottaly agressive, insulting and has no reason to be (even if mike gets his head a little bit hot sometimes)

Mine does, why? because, this simple question will solve the whole deal have you (or anyone on this forum) SEEN, TOUCHED, AND BENCHMARKED A CONROE PROCESSOR?????

EDIT: anandtech's and other ppl's benchmarks doesn't count, favorable or not to intel

EDIT b:

Quote:
What you hear is all hearsay
April 11, 2006 2:18:05 AM

those benchmark were probably good ones...
not tricked, intel doesn't lie but they show things that are good for them to show...

superpi benchmark didn't surprised me, because a pentium-m already have it

just look for overclocked P-M over a 875 chipset and the 478 to 479 adapter, you'll see a single core P-M at 2.4ghz beating an fx-60...
or even 2x2.8ghz

nothing new there

P4C800-E dlx Intel PM S479 1833 @ 2695 245mhz 1024mb 25.656 sec
DFI SLI DR S939 a64X2 2000 @ 2860 304mhz 1024mb 29.969 sec

they have shown nothing new
April 11, 2006 2:38:55 AM

I'm not saying those benchies are tainted

Im just saying that nobody here has tasted that bisquit

Im saying WAIT!xD wait til they get to streets

A lil benchmark over here and over there doesn't make a true sentence

BTW, the record @ super pi it's 17+ seconds, done by an OC'ed P4 @ 7.2Ghz
April 11, 2006 2:40:45 AM

Quote:

Amen Brother

Retards Like MMM are why I'd rather eat my own feces than admit I was an AMD owner.
April 11, 2006 2:43:05 AM

They don't lie?!?!? ALL marketing is lies... AMD lies, Microsoft lies, everyone does. Intel is not some perfect company. The only thing I have against Intel is they are a larger company and I don't like really big companies. Anyways, intel does not care about the performance extremists like us. 80% (educated guess) of their revenue is not from us at all.
There are many ways Intel lies, like "Our processor is the fastest"

http://www23.tomshardware.com/cpu.html?modelx=33&model1...

Look at any encoding benchmark, the 5 or so top processors are AMD's. In gaming benchmarks, its about 80-20 for AMD, with the major exception being Doom 3.
April 11, 2006 2:43:20 AM

Quote:

Amen Brother

Retards Like MMM are why I'd rather eat my own feces than admit I was an AMD owner.

So now I'm a Retard? Isn't a Retarded Idiot an OxyMoron? No...it just makes you a Moron...hmm....anymore juvenile insults I should know about? How about F@G, or B!TCH, or @$$HOLE?

April 11, 2006 2:46:13 AM

Quote:

Amen Brother

So now I'm a Retard? Isn't a Retarded Idiot an OxyMoron? No...it just makes you a Moron...hmm....anymore juvenile insults I should know about? How about F@G, or B!TCH, or @$$HOLE?

~~Mad Mod Mike, pimpin' the world 1 rig at a time You forgot "Twat," its been used quite a lot lately around here.
April 11, 2006 2:48:15 AM

Quote:

Amen Brother

~~Mad Mod Mike, pimpin' the world 1 rig at a time You forgot "Twat," its been used quite a lot lately around here.

What if I was black, would you use the N-Word? Or is that too much for you Moral-Conscience Fanboys?

April 11, 2006 3:00:21 AM

Quote:

Amen Brother

I'd rather eat my own feces than admit I was an AMD owner.

and yet another one comes.........dammit, I should be granted license to kill
(but by any means not mike, half of THG's posters would suddenly dissapear xD)
April 11, 2006 3:03:18 AM

Broken Dreams.
April 11, 2006 3:04:07 AM

From what I've read, it is a chip based largely on the same design philosophy as the Pentium-M, that is at every step and decision along the way, energy efficiency was paramount.

The core has a 14-stage pipeline, similar to pentium-3 designs and adaptive branch prediction logic largely invented/improved during the pentium-4 days. It has a 4 issue core, which means that it can grab and decode 4 instructions at a time from the instruction buffer cache. This is a big change, as all previous AMD or Intel designs were 3 or less. In fact sometimes it can grab 5 at a time, if two of them are CMP and JMP instructions, they are fused into a single instruction CMPJMP, which happens in programs that check a value and then perform some divergeent action based on that value.

It also has a vastly improved 128bit wide SSE engine, as it can now complete every single SSE instruction in a single clock cycle. The 128bit SSE vector operations are now processed all at once, instead of being broken into 2 64-bit operations in the pipeline.

They are all made on the 65nm process that Intel has been shipping in volume since October 2005.

They feature a 4MB shared cache that can be fully assigned to either core, or split between them adaptively. It also has a very fast L1 to L1 crossbar.

It also features some of the most advanced and fine-grain energy management of any chip ever made. Many logical blocks and caches can be independently put to sleep when they are not needed, and woken back up within 4 clock cycles. This allow it to get the same or better performance than anything else on the market while using approximately half othe energy required by previous Intel designs.

It also features higher FSB speeds from the pentium-4.

There are probably many more features that "make up" this chip, but that should get you started.
April 11, 2006 3:07:21 AM

Quote:
From what I've read, it is a chip based largely on the same design philosophy as the Pentium-M, that is at every step and decision along the way, energy efficiency was paramount.

The core has a 14-stage pipeline, similar to pentium-3 designs and adaptive branch prediction logic largely invented/improved during the pentium-4 days. It has a 4 issue core, which means that it can grab and decode 4 instructions at a time from the instruction buffer cache. This is a big change, as all previous AMD or Intel designs were 3 or less. In fact sometimes it can grab 5 at a time, if two of them are CMP and JMP instructions, they are fused into a single instruction CMPJMP, which happens in programs that check a value and then perform some divergeent action based on that value.

It also has a vastly improved 128bit wide SSE engine, as it can now complete every single SSE instruction in a single clock cycle. The 128bit SSE vector operations are now processed all at once, instead of being broken into 2 64-bit operations in the pipeline.

They are all made on the 65nm process that Intel has been shipping in volume since October 2005.

They feature a 4MB shared cache that can be fully assigned to either core, or split between them adaptively. It also has a very fast L1 to L1 crossbar.

It also features some of the most advanced and fine-grain energy management of any chip ever made. Many logical blocks and caches can be independently put to sleep when they are not needed, and woken back up within 4 clock cycles. This allow it to get the same or better performance than anything else on the market while using approximately half othe energy required by previous Intel designs.

It also features higher FSB speeds from the pentium-4.

There are probably many more features that "make up" this chip, but that should get you started.

Thanks man, thanks for telling me what I already knew. BTW, you left out a few small details and RW Gains, but we'll lack those for the time being as they'll be exposed soon enough...

April 11, 2006 3:09:04 AM

wow you're such a dick. Be thankfull instead of a hermaphodite when someone tells you something you asked. Why dont you go for a stroll and lose weight, before coming back and being a cow.
April 11, 2006 3:10:15 AM

Quote:
wow you're such a dick. Be thankfull instead of a hermaphodite when someone tells you something you asked. Why dont you go for a stroll and lose weight, before coming back and being a cow.

Better to be a Dick than a Vagina :wink:.

April 11, 2006 3:15:22 AM

Quote:
Thanks man, thanks for telling me what I already knew. BTW, you left out a few small details and RW Gains, but we'll lack those for the time being as they'll be exposed soon enough...

I wasn't speaking to you. I was speaking to the orignal poster, who asked the question.

As for real world performance... you are correct it will be shown soon. Although there is some pretty compelling evidence that it is a great improvement over current offerings from either Intel or AMD (I'm sure folks here have seen some of the info / pre-release benchmarking in less than ideal conditions).

I can't wait to see some of the more reputable sites offer fully reviews in the coming months. Cheers!
April 11, 2006 3:18:07 AM

Quote:
What is a Conroe made of ?

A thin slice of monocrystalline silicium on which metallic traces and metal oxides are etched using advanced manufacturing equipement.

Basically, it's just glorified dirt.
April 11, 2006 3:20:42 AM

Quote:

A thin slice of monocrystalline silicium on which metallic traces and metal oxides are etched using advanced manufacturing equipement.

LMAO
April 11, 2006 3:24:19 AM

Quote:

Silica isnt dirt, there is gonna be a very angry mob of sand box's at your door tomorrow.
April 11, 2006 3:33:32 AM

Well.... since a LOT of the earth's surface is composed of Si.....
April 11, 2006 3:36:33 AM

Quote:
Well.... since a LOT of the earth's surface is composed of Si.....

Word.
April 11, 2006 3:39:09 AM

Quote:

Silica isnt dirt, there is gonna be a very angry mob of sand box's at your door tomorrow.

Silica AKA Quartz = Silicium/Silicon* dioxide IS dirt, it is found in almost all minerals, including the dirt under your shoes after taking a walk on concrete pavements.

*same etymological difference as Aluminium/Aluminum
April 11, 2006 3:41:26 AM

Quote:

Silica AKA Quartz = Silicium/Silicon* dioxide IS dirt, it is found in almost all minerals, including the dirt under your shoes after taking a walk on concrete pavements.

*same etymological difference as Aluminium/Aluminum

Your takeing the idea a bit too far but I like it.
April 11, 2006 3:52:18 AM

The Silicium Wars: The n00bi3 strikes back

D00D3_VADER: Spud, Vicious Wan never told you about dirt
Luke Spudwalker: he told me enough he told me is silicone
D00D3_VADER: No Spud it's SILICIUM!!!!!!!
Luke Spudwalker: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IT'S IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!!!
D00D3_VADER: Search the internet, you know it's true!!!

Note: Spud: don't interpret my comment in a wrong way, I'm not saying you are a n00b, just put it there because it fitted
Vicious: yup, you were the one that enlightened spud about Si

Just sayin' you know, sometimes ppl interpert stuff in the wrong way
April 11, 2006 3:58:55 AM

Silicon comes from sand, not dirt. :roll:
a c 96 à CPUs
April 11, 2006 4:03:00 AM

Silicon, copper, boron, arsenic, gallium, aluminum, nickel, and a little steel cap.
April 11, 2006 4:14:10 AM

Quote:
Silicon, copper, boron, arsenic, gallium, aluminum, nickel, and a little steel cap.

You need to add: oxygen, nitrogen, phosphorous, and carbon.

I thought it was Suger & Spice, and everything Nice? :lol: 

April 11, 2006 4:19:55 AM

Quote:

You need to add: oxygen, nitrogen, phosphorous, and carbon.

I thought it was Suger & Spice, and everything Nice? :lol: 

Well, I am certain that Intel engineers added a little TLC :) 

I wish somebody would give ME some TLC :( .

April 11, 2006 4:26:18 AM

to sum up what is made of in one word "SAND"
April 11, 2006 4:29:07 AM

not sand, GLORIFIED sand

xDxD and here we go again
April 11, 2006 4:31:16 AM

in about 30 min i can get some sand and dirt and all that crap

anyone wanna make me a conroe?????
April 11, 2006 4:50:56 AM

that would't be a great deal....

Instead, why don't you make a 65nm AM2 processor?
April 11, 2006 4:55:00 AM

yer wrong..
conroe = CORN
April 11, 2006 5:27:38 AM

I want a Conroe made of fairy dust so it can fly... Get over here Tink ! *grabs fairy* damn how can I turn this $%^# into a chip....
April 11, 2006 5:29:41 AM

Quote:
The Silicium Wars: The n00bi3 strikes back

D00D3_VADER: Spud, Vicious Wan never told you about dirt
Luke Spudwalker: he told me enough he told me is silicone
D00D3_VADER: No Spud it's SILICIUM!!!!!!!
Luke Spudwalker: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IT'S IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!!!
D00D3_VADER: Search the internet, you know it's true!!!

Note: Spud: don't interpret my comment in a wrong way, I'm not saying you are a n00b, just put it there because it fitted
Vicious: yup, you were the one that enlightened spud about Si

Just sayin' you know, sometimes ppl interpert stuff in the wrong way

I'm thinking sitcom.
April 11, 2006 5:50:33 AM

too bad, I though of it first and probably will feature in a lil project that is taking form....but, just as 65nm AM2 micros.....will be a little late xD
!