hey Dallas.. weird gvmnt site in Arizona?

crash

Gregory wrote:
> Dallas.. was doing the EL Paso to Ontario run with Cargo 721 jet..
> crossed Tucson heading towards Yuma and noticed this feature?
> What do you suppose it is? some kind of gvmnt site? it's not big
> crater thing.. that's up near Flagstaff.. right?

Probably the old mining pits near Ajo, AZ. Closed down now, but the
tailings form their own little mountain range, so you can imagine the hole
left..

GREGORY

On Sun, 3 Jul 2005 08:20:56 -0500, "CRaSH" <sorry@aint-here.spam.com>
brought the following to our attention:

>Gregory wrote:
>> Dallas.. was doing the EL Paso to Ontario run with Cargo 721 jet..
>> crossed Tucson heading towards Yuma and noticed this feature?
>> What do you suppose it is? some kind of gvmnt site? it's not big
>> crater thing.. that's up near Flagstaff.. right?
>>

>Probably the old mining pits near Ajo, AZ. Closed down now, but the
>tailings form their own little mountain range, so you can imagine the
>hole left..

yep.. that's it all right. Should have looked on DeLorme in the first
place instead of making up such a stupid post. No problem tho..

http://home.comcast.net/~flightsim/Cornelia_Mine.gif (15k)

-G

crash

Gregory wrote:
> yep.. that's it all right. Should have looked on DeLorme in the first
> place instead of making up such a stupid post. No problem tho..

Hey G, NOT a stupid post! Got me inspired to go take a look since I hadn't
been through the area IRL for at least five years, and unfortunately I was
driving at the time... At first I saw the town, and a hint of the quarry,
but nothing dramatic.. Hit the burner to go up to 31,000, and not much
better.. Had to be time of day, so changed that, and everything leaped
out!!! A real eye opener how important some contrast is to the scenery,
made me remember why I usually select near dusk for quilling around (not to
mention IRL the air is also usually smooth as silk then!!)......

http://photobucket.com/albums/v674/ArkyTazman/ajo/?action=view&current=ajo1.jpg&slideshow=paused&interval=5

Hit RESUME to start the slide show - or click on "back to photobucket album"
to select the shots manually at full size (more better :)....

Cheers'n Beerz... [_])
Don

GREGORY

On Sun, 3 Jul 2005 12:14:52 -0500, "CRaSH" <sorry@aint-here.spam.com>
brought the following to our attention:

>Gregory wrote:
>> yep.. that's it all right. Should have looked on DeLorme in the first
>> place instead of making up such a stupid post. No problem tho..
>>

>Hey G, NOT a stupid post! Got me inspired to go take a look since I hadn't
>been through the area IRL for at least five years, and unfortunately I was
>driving at the time... At first I saw the town, and a hint of the quarry,
>but nothing dramatic.. Hit the burner to go up to 31,000, and not much
>better.. Had to be time of day, so changed that, and everything leaped
>out!!! A real eye opener how important some contrast is to the scenery,
>made me remember why I usually select near dusk for quilling around (not to
>mention IRL the air is also usually smooth as silk then!!)......
>
>http://photobucket.com/albums/v674/ArkyTazman/ajo/?action=view&current=ajo1.jpg&slideshow=paused&interval=5
>
>Hit RESUME to start the slide show - or click on "back to photobucket album"
>to select the shots manually at full size (more better :)....
>
>Cheers'n Beerz... [_])
> Don

Nice shots Don.. and thanks for the publicity. The one I posted was
taken thru a layer of clouds.. then contrast enhanced. Could always
go up there in SLEW mode and `step' around.. take shots.. change
time-of-day by 1 hour inc.. etc. Then make animated GIFs from
the caps.

-Gregory

p.s. now everyone will know where that landmark is.. :)

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Gregory wrote:

> yep.. that's it all right. Should have looked on DeLorme in the first
> place instead of making up such a stupid post. No problem tho..
>

> http://home.comcast.net/~flightsim/Cornelia_Mine.gif (15k)
>
> -G

Actually it was a good post. Gave me another place to explore in the
B206.

--

boB,
SAG 70

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

GREGORY

On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 22:01:53 GMT, boB <akitaREMOVECAPS77@excite.Icom>
brought the following to our attention:

>Gregory wrote:
>

>> yep.. that's it all right. Should have looked on DeLorme in the first
>> place instead of making up such a stupid post. No problem tho..
>>

>> http://home.comcast.net/~flightsim/Cornelia_Mine.gif (15k)
> >
>> -G
>>

> Actually it was a good post. Gave me another place to explore in the B206.

was thinking right away that boB might go in there with the chopper!!

-G

dallas

"Gregory"
> What do you suppose it is? some kind of gvmnt site?

Jeez... why ya askin' me? You're the big government conspiracy guy.... I
think government is always fair, honest and looking out for the welfare of
the little people.

hardy har har...

Dallas

GREGORY

On Mon, 04 Jul 2005 04:58:42 GMT, "Dallas"
<Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> brought the following to our
attention:

>"CRaSH"
>> Hey G, NOT a stupid post!
>
>Wow! Another call sign is born...
>
>Gregory = "G Dog"
>

>Wadda think?

ummm.. it's flattering thanks...but I don't think so.
Could be as bad as something like `D Man'

Cheers :)

-G

crash

Dallas wrote:
> Jeez... why ya askin' me? You're the big government conspiracy
> guy.... I think government is always fair, honest and looking out
> for the welfare of the little people.

Quilly was right - what planet you on?? <G>

dallas

"Gregory"
> ummm.. it's flattering thanks...but I don't think so.

You don't get to pick your call sign... it's given to you... don't you
know the rules?

D Dog

CRaSH wrote:
> Dallas wrote:
>> Jeez... why ya askin' me? You're the big government conspiracy
>> guy.... I think government is always fair, honest and looking out
>> for the welfare of the little people.
>>

> Quilly was right - what planet you on?? <G>

But he did say har de har har

--
Cheers
Quilljar

Try 'Living With Technology' magazine
http://www.livtech.co.uk

GREGORY

On Mon, 04 Jul 2005 04:55:50 GMT, "Dallas"
<Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> brought the following to our
attention:

>"Gregory"
>> What do you suppose it is? some kind of gvmnt site?
>
>Jeez... why ya askin' me?

just wanted to `ping you up'.. have a go at some CT shall we! :)

>I think government is always fair, honest and looking out
>for the welfare of the..people.

what's that you say? .. they're all bribed, intimidated, and
blackmailed into doing the bidding of the paymasters? :]

-G

On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 15:24:35 +0000 (UTC), Quilljar wrote:

> But he did say har de har har

I heard rumors that Danger Puppy is trying to score points for the"Most
Lovable Texan" award.

Think we should vote in his favour?

--

Marcel (SAG-21)
(DIE JEDI DOGS!!!...What did I say?? - C3PO)