Sim 2002 IFR Approaches

I having a burning question that microsoft has not helped me with yet,
they suggusted a forum so here goes. On IFR approaches ILS-VOR when I
get to my destination the games turns me over to VFR and will not allow
me to finish my approach in IFR. How do I ratify this problem? To
clarify, I can fly in IFR just can't land in IFR.

More about 2002 approaches

    "Todd" <Todd@forums.simradar.com> wrote in message
    >I having a burning question that microsoft has not helped me with yet,
    > they suggusted a forum so here goes. On IFR approaches ILS-VOR when I
    > get to my destination the games turns me over to VFR and will not allow
    > me to finish my approach in IFR. How do I ratify this problem? To
    > clarify, I can fly in IFR just can't land in IFR.

    File an IFR flight plan if you are not currently doing so. Normally, they
    will then assign you an ILS approach IF the wind/weather favors an ILS
    equipped runway. If not, you will then get a Visual approach. FWIW, in
    FS2002, I almost always got the ILS approach, but then, I ALWAYS file an IFR
    flight plan.

    Nothing you can do in FS2002 about this, other than to ignore ATC and just
    make your approach anyway.

    In FS2004, you can request different approaches. You can also request
    different runways if weather permits.

    Paul

    I know this sounds off but what plane are you flying in??

    If your plane is not equipped for an ILS approach then the ATC will not ask
    you to.

    Its been a while, but I don't ever remember not being vectored to my
    instrument approach in FS2K2. As long as my flight plan was IFR I always
    got my ILS vectoring.

    How long has this been happening, and the real hunt is now what changed or
    what did you add or delete when you noticed the change? If you can find
    this then maybe you can reverse it and make the ATC go back to normal.

    The other option is to move all of your added planes and scenery files to
    another temp directory. Uninstall FS2K2, and then reinstall the program.
    Moving over one add-on at a time till you find the one that effected the
    ATC.

    Just a suggestion.

    Mark G
    Not4wood

    "Paul Riley" <Falcon63624@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > "Todd" <Todd@forums.simradar.com> wrote in message
    >>I having a burning question that microsoft has not helped me with yet,
    >> they suggusted a forum so here goes. On IFR approaches ILS-VOR when I
    >> get to my destination the games turns me over to VFR and will not allow
    >> me to finish my approach in IFR. How do I ratify this problem? To
    >> clarify, I can fly in IFR just can't land in IFR.

    > File an IFR flight plan if you are not currently doing so. Normally, they
    > will then assign you an ILS approach IF the wind/weather favors an ILS
    > equipped runway. If not, you will then get a Visual approach. FWIW, in
    > FS2002, I almost always got the ILS approach, but then, I ALWAYS file an
    > IFR flight plan.
    >
    > Nothing you can do in FS2002 about this, other than to ignore ATC and just
    > make your approach anyway.
    >
    > In FS2004, you can request different approaches. You can also request
    > different runways if weather permits.
    >
    > Paul

Games Microsoft Video Games