Need Help Opteron Gaming System??

FireFighter230

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2006
Hey guys i've been on and checking out the forums for a while and i've decided to build another system.

I'm looking at the:

AMD Opteron 170
ASUS A8N 32 SLI Deluxe
2GB Cosair XMS PRO PC3500
2x XFX 7900GT XXX-OC'ed
Lite-On DVD-RW w/Lightscribe
Lite-On DVD ROM
Raidmax RX9 GT(Black)
Creative labs X-FI
2x36.7Raptors

Only thing is I need some help with cooling/I am a avid overclocker and love to do it right now i have a 3700 with 1gb and a 6800 and it's time to upgrade. If I could get some help it would be greatly appreciated and if possible some one could hook me up w/watercooling w/vga also i'm hoping to do this on a budget of $2300USD

Thanks

Oh also I need a psu anygood ideas would like a cool looking one thanks

PJ101

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2006
There are many great water-cooling kits out there, just look around for one with the best performance/price for you. But, before you go ahead and get water-cooling you should look into a good CPU cooler and just get an after-market VGA cooler as well, it would allow for more build money and would get you great performance.

sandmannight

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
looks like a good system. There are a few things though. I wouldn't spend extra money on the x1900xtx just get the regular one because there is not that much of a difference. Also optys come with great coolers so you may not need watercooling. But you could push it further with it so its up to you

FireFighter230

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2006
Well i would like to get water cooling so i can push some more mhz out of my cpu and vga's and i hate ATI and i love nvidia(bad experience) and i would like to ge to ver a 600 watt psu if possible or at least a 550 so thanks and i want to do some major OCing thanks can u guys get me a price on the watercooling crap with the vga blocks or a kit that includes them.

thanks

SidVicious

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2002
Only thing is I need some help with cooling/I am a avid overclocker and love to do it right now i have a 3700 with 1gb and a 6800 and it's time to upgrade. If I could get some help it would be greatly appreciated and if possible some one could hook me up w/watercooling w/vga also i'm hoping to do this on a budget of $2300USD

Thanks

Oh also I need a psu anygood ideas would like a cool looking one thanks

Avoid watercooling kits like plague, most are overpriced and made out of mismatched pieces of junk that are likely to perform no better than mid-range air cooling.

The best way to go is to build your own watercooling 'rig, I am personally partial to 1/2­­­" ID hoses and fittings, in-line bleeders, heatercore based radiators and high flow waterblocks.