Contrast vs. eye candy (was weird gvmt site in AZ)

crash

In case you missed Gregory's post of "hey Dallas.. weird gvmnt site in
Arizona", showing the old mining town of Ajo, AZ, here's a followup showing
how the time of day influences what you see, or don't see! Very dramatic,
to say the least.
His shot inspired me to go take a look since I hadn't
been through the area IRL for at least five years, and unfortunately I was
driving at the time... At first I saw the town, and a hint of the quarry,
but nothing dramatic (as compared to G's).. Hit the burner to go up to
31,000, and not much
better.. Had to be time of day, so changed that, and everything leaped
out!!! A real eye opener how important some contrast is to the scenery,
made me remember why I usually select near dusk for quilling around (not to
mention IRL the air is also usually smooth as silk then!!)......

http://photobucket.com/albums/v674/ArkyTazman/ajo/?action=view&current=ajo1.jpg&slideshow=paused&interval=5

Hit RESUME to start the slide show - or click on "back to photobucket album"
to select the shots manually at full size (more better :)....

Cheers'n Beerz... [_])
Don

"CRaSH" <sorry@aint-here.spam.com> wrote in message
> In case you missed Gregory's post of "hey Dallas.. weird gvmnt site in
> Arizona", showing the old mining town of Ajo, AZ, here's a followup
showing
> how the time of day influences what you see, or don't see! Very dramatic,
> to say the least.
> His shot inspired me to go take a look since I hadn't
> been through the area IRL for at least five years, and unfortunately I was
> driving at the time... At first I saw the town, and a hint of the quarry,
> but nothing dramatic (as compared to G's).. Hit the burner to go up to
> 31,000, and not much
> better.. Had to be time of day, so changed that, and everything leaped
> out!!! A real eye opener how important some contrast is to the scenery,
> made me remember why I usually select near dusk for quilling around (not
> mention IRL the air is also usually smooth as silk then!!)......

Just one question --

What kind of Cessna has a burner?!? <G>

Earl

--
Earl Needham
Clovis, New Mexico USA

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Earl Needham wrote:

>>mention IRL the air is also usually smooth as silk then!!)......
>

> Just one question --
>
> What kind of Cessna has a burner?!? <G>
>
> Earl

I'm fairly sure all the "Quilly" versions have hot burners.

--

boB,
SAG 70

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

To reply privately, get rid of PuPPYmillS
akita_77PuPPYmillS@yahoo.com
(akita_77-note the underscore)

Arthur

You have a Cessna that can climb to 32,000?????? I think you're seeing
things from O2 deficiency. In fact, it's one big toilet.

Arthur

Arthur wrote:
> You have a Cessna that can climb to 32,000??????

Pictures don't lie [snicker]......
It's the highly modified Cessna Centurion 210-Y........
You just can't see the anti-gravity loop woven into the carbon fiber skin
using zero loss micro conductor! You can understand why the government/oil
lobby (sic = same folks) doesn't want it known........

d:->))

> I'm fairly sure all the "Quilly" versions have hot burners.

Too right! It's called 'slew' in FS, but we all know what it really is...

--
Cheers
Quilljar

Try 'Living With Technology' magazine
http://www.livtech.co.uk

On Sun, 3 Jul 2005 11:34:12 -0600, Earl Needham wrote:

> What kind of Cessna has a burner?!? <G>

A gvmt Cessna, of course. :)

--

Marcel (SAG-21)
(It's good to be the king! - Mel Brooks)