XEROX M760

Hello
I was given a XEROX M760 from my son.
It worked fine initially - colour reproduction was spot on.
Then the colour cartridges ran dry.
I had them refilled from " Cartridge World "
Since then the colour is just a mess.
There are blue/yellow lines too.
I have tried changing the cartridges round but it only gets worse.
I have followed the instructions in the manual.
Is it possible I should only use original cartridges ?
Is there a difference in the colour of different brands ?
Can anyone advise me please ( My son lives 250 miles away)
TIA
John

Pete

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 23:23:24 +0000 (UTC), "Chrome Boy"
<ChromeBoy461@thonghotmail.com> wrote:

>Hello
>I was given a XEROX M760 from my son.
>It worked fine initially - colour reproduction was spot on.
>Then the colour cartridges ran dry.
>I had them refilled

Buy compatibles, they are dirt cheap and work fine.

Thanks for the reply.
I won't go for refills anymore.

Chrome Boy wrote:
> I had them refilled from " Cartridge World "
> Since then the colour is just a mess. [CUT]
> Is it possible I should only use original cartridges ?
> Is there a difference in the colour of different brands ?

John,
in my professional experience I have encountered this situation many
times. I strongly suggest to you to stick with the original cartridge,
even if it costs more. Depending on the printer used and the quality of
third party cartridge or refill, the colour fidelty varies greatly!
In a few cases, the machine itself get ruined by the use of non original
consumables (this doesn't happen frequently with inkjet printers
though). You can find the Xerox supplies for your printer, here:
http://www.xerox.com/go/xrx/template/018s.jsp?view=s13&prodID=M760&Xcntry=USA&Xlang=en_US

HTH,
Antonio

Thank You for the reply.
I will learn by my mistake and stick with originals.
John