in-band DTMF signalling on Cisco Call Manager 3.3

Anyone know how to set DTMF signaling to be in-band using Call Manager
3.3 and a 7960 IP phone? The phone is using Skinny to talk to the Call Manager.

jim.brunetti@usa.net (Jim Brunetti) wrote in message news:<79fd561f.0407082001.4bb567f8@posting.google.com>...
> Anyone know how to set DTMF signaling to be in-band using Call Manager
> 3.3 and a 7960 IP phone? The phone is using Skinny to talk to the Call Manager.

Jim,
Can you explain more about your requirement? The 7960 signals DTMF
events to the CM via SCCP. The CM then signals this to the PSTN
via the GW via H.245 or MGCP.

jim.brunetti@usa.net (Jim Brunetti) wrote in message news:<79fd561f.0407082001.4bb567f8@posting.google.com>...
> Anyone know how to set DTMF signaling to be in-band using Call Manager
> 3.3 and a 7960 IP phone? The phone is using Skinny to talk to the Call Manager.

The problem I am trying to solve is that my customer runs CCM (version
3.3) and has 7960 IP phones. The CCM connects to a Nextone Session
Controller via H.323. The Nextone converts the H.323 to SIP and
passes the Voip traffic to our SONUS gateway for connection to the
PSTN.

DTMF is not working. Why? Because the IP Phone and CCM expect the
Gateway to provide the DTMF tones, while my Nextone/SONUS combo
expects the CCM/Phones to generate the DTMF tones inband (or use RFC
2833). We can support RFC 2833 but the CCM can't. So, something has
to generate the tones. One thing we have just tried is to use Cisco's
new IP-IP Gateway software and install a 7200 between our Nextone and
the CCM (make the Cisco 7200 be an IP-IP gateway instead of an IP-PSTN
gateway) but are still having problems. Has anyone used this software
before? Is it capable of terminating DTMF-relay on the one IP leg
facing the CCM and originating inband DTMF on the other leg facing our
Sonus?