Windows Explorer and Startup

Gene

During startup my windows explorer launches and displays c:\Documents and
Settings\All. I do not have this in either the startup file or the Hot Key
Run/Run Once locations. I have searched both registries (regedit, regedt32)
and cannot find where this command is being launched from. I have also
looked with msconfig in the .ini files.
Can anyone help

Larry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Got the same problem -- any help would be welcomed.

"Gene" wrote:

> During startup my windows explorer launches and displays c:\Documents and
> Settings\All. I do not have this in either the startup file or the Hot Key
> Run/Run Once locations. I have searched both registries (regedit, regedt32)
> and cannot find where this command is being launched from. I have also
> looked with msconfig in the .ini files.
> Can anyone help

Hi,

Go here: http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/downloads.html and download
"HijackThis". Run it on your system, then copy paste the contents of the
startup log into a reply (do not attach the log).

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone