Man Steals iPhone from a Baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggiebody

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2012
lets just ignore the iphone for a second, my question is why is the stroller alone near a strange guy? Why do I not see anyone resembling a mom anywhere near the stroller in the video? Maybe shes on the right side where the video is cut-off but that's still leaves the baby alone near some guy. This could have been a lot worse than just an iphone getting stolen.

kinggraves

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
I'm disgusted that a man would take anything from a baby stroller.

I'm disgusted none of the many people passing by didn't bother to do anything.

I'm disgusted that the mother is so incompetent she left her child unattended with an electronic device and sees nothing wrong with her actions.

I'm disgusted same mother was probably more worried about replacing the phone than glad her baby hadn't been taken instead.

Have a nice trip to the ER after it swallows the battery. It's people like this that make it so it's required to place a warning that giving a child a plastic bag is a bad idea.

bluekoala

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2008
Babies don't need 600$ gadgets for entertainment.
More importantly, infants shouldn't be left without supervision. The last place you want to see your baby is on a milk carton.

excella1221

Honorable
Aug 23, 2012
How despicable.
Though, lol at the people who would rather hate and comment on the fact that the item in question is an iPhone instead of the situation itself. The hell.

okibrian

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
What true dumb @sses some of you are. A low life scum steals from a child and you pathetic trash talking low lifes have to bring up this iPhone trash talking $hit. Get a freak'n life already! Go check out of your mom's house already.

bllue

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012
I keep my phone in my front pocket, it's really the most secure place you can have it. She left her baby unattended, her iPhone gets stolen and the only thing this woman worries about is her damn iPhone? What about her child's safety? Does she not stop and think what could happen?

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]okibrian[/nom]What true dumb @sses some of you are. A low life scum steals from a child and you pathetic trash talking low lifes have to bring up this iPhone trash talking $hit. Get a freak'n life already! Go check out of your mom's house already.[/citation]

And if your mom was deceased years ago?...

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
of course the guy is an asshole for stealing it, but even I know a parent should never leave theyre kid in a stroller alone and facing away from them. Not to mention that giving your baby a phone is a stupid idea. I have no doubt this asshole is going to be caught, but the parent was being a bad parent in this situation.

devotiecon

Honorable
Aug 20, 2012
What do you do to keep your phone safe while out?
Well, I'm not gonna let my baby hold on to it anymore, you can be sure of that. As for my baby, IDK it's around here somewhere...

*goes back to farmville*

G

First off, I am not a fan of apple products, let that be clear, but I am familiar with them. Allowing your child to watch a video on your your phone is not bad parenting, nor is it dangerous. Anyone familiar with apple's phone and tablet line know that getting at the battery is beyond the scope and ability of most adults, let alone children, due to having disassemble the phone with a screwdriver to change it. Also there are no sharp edges or high risk of shock, burning, or choking as it's much too large for even an adult to swallow. Being said, the thief stole a phone. It doesn't matter if it's an iPhone, Nokia, or Blackberry. He stole it from a baby.... Most crimes are crimes of opportunity. This mother was shopping with her child, and apparently temporarily lost focus of her child, and this man stole a phone. I am sure this mother is glad that her child is safe and also realized that had it been a different kind of criminal, he would have seen the opportunity to take something a little more precious than her phone. I don't think this woman was a bad mother. There are parents who leave their children alone in their cars while they shop, or at home alone. Which is more dangerous? This woman was likely very close to her child. This man took less than ten seconds to steal. I fail to see how the theft of a phone is newsworthy, or how having let a child use a phone that poses no danger should be vilified. I think a thief is a thief no matter who he steals from. And a thief who steals from a baby is likely more cowardly a thief than one who steals from an adult. However stealing from a baby does not make this a great story, nor does the fact that it's an iPhone.

G

I like how all of you missed the fact that someone should have been watching this, and all of the people walking around didn't notice the creepy guy standing around the stroller.

BoredErica

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2007
Who the hell cares? Crap gets stolen all the time. Because it's an iPhone and it's a baby, suddenly we have tech news. Try again.

neon neophyte

Splendid
BANNED
parent of the year award goes to...

i dont really see why stealing from a baby is worse than stealing from an adult. i actually see stealing from an adult as worse as an adult actually knows whats going on, had to work to obtain the device and may require a little more motivation to give up the device than just snatching it from their tiny hands.

oh god! won't somebody think of the children! *cough*

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]WhatHasHappened[/nom]I like how all of you missed the fact that someone should have been watching this, and all of the people walking around didn't notice the creepy guy standing around the stroller.[/citation]
Problem with that is that you only know he is a creepy guy cause you saw the ending. To any passerby he might just have been the father standing around waiting for his wife to come back from getting something. You need to look at this as someone who doesn't already know the ending and as that person you can't just assume that any guy near a stroller is a creep looking to steal and jump them and pin them to the ground. Now knowing the ending I will ask where the hell was the mother and why did she leave her child alone with a high priced phone, hell why did she leave her child alone at all phone or no phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.