MS FS and Google Earth

freddy

I can see the day when Microsoft and Google form a partnership, and the FS
terrain is extracted directly from Google Earth visuals....man, wouldn't
that be cool, the real terrain, roads and buildings, instead of fake
simulations they have now.....monthly subscription option? Hell, I'd
pay...fly over my own town and see the streets and houses....All I'd need is
to import a P-51 Mustang and strafe my neighbor house who plays his music
too loud :)
Seriously, anyone else want to see the 2 features combined, FS and Google
Eart satellite images? Wow....I drool already in anticipation...

Count me in!!!

Great idea... But some people are cheep and wouldn't pay for a great service
like this.

VE5JL

http://www.ve5jl.com

"Freddy" <not@spam.com> wrote in message
> I can see the day when Microsoft and Google form a partnership, and the FS
> terrain is extracted directly from Google Earth visuals....man, wouldn't
> that be cool, the real terrain, roads and buildings, instead of fake
> simulations they have now.....monthly subscription option? Hell, I'd
> pay...fly over my own town and see the streets and houses....All I'd need
is
> to import a P-51 Mustang and strafe my neighbor house who plays his music
> too loud :)
> Seriously, anyone else want to see the 2 features combined, FS and Google
> Eart satellite images? Wow....I drool already in anticipation...

dallas

"Freddy"
> I can see the day when Microsoft and Google form a partnership

First of all, Microsoft does not form partnerships. Historically, Microsoft
will offer to buy you out and if you turn them down they will develop an
exact look-alike product and give it away free until you are out of
business.

Not that there's anything wrong with that... :)

Dallas

dallas

"Freddy"
>FS terrain is extracted directly from Google Earth visuals....

I fully expect a satellite derived world in the upcoming FS versions.

I see them taking the technology much further in the next 10 years as they
channel real time satellite images in to FS15 kind of like "real weather".
That way you could look down at the freeway and see the morning rush hour in
progress.

Dallas

funny ... but true ...

> "Freddy"
> > I can see the day when Microsoft and Google form a partnership
>
> First of all, Microsoft does not form partnerships. Historically,
Microsoft
> will offer to buy you out and if you turn them down they will develop an
> exact look-alike product and give it away free until you are out of
> business.
>
> Not that there's anything wrong with that... :)
>

> Dallas

Then that would be a life simulator or at best a traffic simulator .....
where's the flight part .... hehe

> "Freddy"
> >FS terrain is extracted directly from Google Earth visuals....
>
> I fully expect a satellite derived world in the upcoming FS versions.
>
> I see them taking the technology much further in the next 10 years as they
> channel real time satellite images in to FS15 kind of like "real weather".
> That way you could look down at the freeway and see the morning rush hour
in
> progress.
>
> Dallas

Nah!
Some dickhead will stop it happening on the grounds of helping terrorists...

Cheers
Quilljar

Try 'Living With Technology' magazine and learn how to deal with dickheads
http://www.livtech.co.uk

David

I look forward to what google are about to trial, that is detailed 3D cities
such as the trial in KSFO

http://www.siliconvalleywatcher.com/mt/archives/2005/06/scoop_stick_you.php

"TR" == "The_Rock" writes:

TR> funny ... but true ...

funny, sad and true.

:(

--
========
Thanks.....

Jarod

Well, that's being rather generous I would say. :)

Historically, Microsoft will attempt to copy what you have first.
Then, failing to do this, they will make you a lowball offer, and
use the due diligence from that bad-faith offer to steal all of
your trade secrets and then attempt to copy you again, version
2.0. Having failed that, and only that, will they then come
back and make you an offer for any kind of decent money.

Saying they play hard would be an understatement, a little like
saying a samurai sword makes a great butter knife.

--
Will
Internet: westes at earthbroadcast.com