Deciphering MS Exchange Email Headers

October 19, 2004 2:35:34 PM

If the following lines appear in an email header:

Could one determine what kind of Exchange server it came from and if
it's the type that you could connect to with Pocket Outlook?

Thanks,

A_C
Anonymous
October 19, 2004 11:55:08 PM

Agent-C-hates-spam@nyc.rr.com (Agent_C) wrote:

>If the following lines appear in an email header:

>Could one determine what kind of Exchange server it came from and if
>it's the type that you could connect to with Pocket Outlook?

I think that is Exchange 5.5 and yes, you can connect via POP3 or
IMAP4 provided one of those is enabled on your account. With Exchange
5.5, you have to manually enable those services on a per user basis.
Exchange 2000 and higher they are on by default, though they can be
turned off.