SP2 Blues - cannot RIGHT-CLICK on anything

Robert

I just installed SP2 on my XP-pro laptop. Everything
works fine now - except that I cannot "right-click" on
anything. For example, choosing a file in a window and
I "right-clicking" it a mini-menu should come up where I
can selcet "properties" or other useful tasks.

Now When I right-click, no mini-menu comes up. Only an
hour-glass pops up and the window stop responding. The
only thing I can do to make it go away is to go into task
manager and select "end task".

Robert,

Similar issue:
Right click causes and error and crashes Explorer.exe after installing
Windows XP SP2?:
http://www.winxptutor.com/sp2/divxcrash.htm

--
Ramesh, MS-MVP XP Shell/UI
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

"Robert" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
I just installed SP2 on my XP-pro laptop. Everything
works fine now - except that I cannot "right-click" on
anything. For example, choosing a file in a window and
I "right-clicking" it a mini-menu should come up where I
can selcet "properties" or other useful tasks.

Now When I right-click, no mini-menu comes up. Only an
hour-glass pops up and the window stop responding. The
only thing I can do to make it go away is to go into task
manager and select "end task".

sunny

Same thing here using SP1.
The right click menu will appear after approx 15-20 seconds though.