Newspaper publishes List of Targets for Robbery

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Yesterday's national news showed that a local paper published a list of people for criminals to target in their robberies. They called it a "registered gun owner's list", and news people have speculated that the intent was to shame, but it's far darker: Knowing that criminals are far more likely to target homes with valuable weapons, the editor decided to give those criminals this information.

The theory is that, by making gun owners targets, gun ownership will be reduced through attrition.

riser

Illustrious
I saw that. I was a bit disappointed to see those people being called out.

Then again, it could be a list of houses to not rob since the owners are armed. I'm sure many people will drive by some of those homes to harass the owners and whatnot.

I think it was plain stupid that the newspaper was able to do that. If I were on that list, I would be seeking legal council.

If this was supposedly done to simply "open a dialogue", now that everyone/things out in the open, let them now discuss it.

Its as if the media thinks its not a problem and has no consequences to its own actions, now, I hope they reconsider next time

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
A true scumbag would use that shopping list by watching and waiting for people to leave their homes so she could break in to steal their weapons, then use those weapons in other crimes. Crimes such as home invasions of the journalists responsible for that newspaper :p

riser

Illustrious
Remember when D. Feinstein (sp) wanted to make all guns in Cali stamp the gun's serial number on the casing/primer after shooting?

Yeah, she thought that was a good idea.