Changing Ground Friction Values...Can Someone Translate Ge..

Last response: in Video Games
July 3, 2005 11:39:15 PM

Apparently by editing a DLL in FS2004, you can change ground
friction from a constant .5 to .25, which apparently is a much
more realistic value. That will make things so that you need
less engine power to move, and conversely brakes will be less
effective. The article site referenced inside of the link below
is in German. Can someone post English instructions on how to
edit the DLL file in question? I would rather not download the
binary unless there is no other choice.

http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=120...

--
Will
Internet: westes at earthbroadcast.com
July 4, 2005 3:35:46 PM

On Sun, 3 Jul 2005 19:39:15 -0700, "Will"
<DELETE_westes@earthbroadcast.com> brought the following:

>Apparently by editing a DLL in FS2004, you can change ground
>friction from a constant .5 to .25, which apparently is a much
>more realistic value. That will make things so that you need
>less engine power to move, and conversely brakes will be less
>effective. The article site referenced inside of the link below
>is in German. Can someone post English instructions on how to
>edit the DLL file in question? I would rather not download the
>binary unless there is no other choice.
>
>http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=120...

have in look in the AIR Decode forum...

http://www.avhistory.org/scripts/MegaBBS/thread-view.as...

http://www.avhistory.org/scripts/MegaBBS/thread-view.as...

please tell us if you find an FS8 version of.. Sim1.dll

-G
!