Asus A8N SLI Deluxe. No Problems?

cub1971

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2006
Has anyone bought this motherboard and NOT had any problems? I read some good reviews on it, but I know the chipset fan fails on most of these boards.

Does anyone own this board and not had any issues?

Cheers
Cub1971

cub1971

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2006
Hey Wusy, you're signature doesn't give me much hope hehe.

I am thinking I should cut my losses $AUD235 for the Asus A8N SLI Deluxe that I have already bought, and just buy a DFI Lanparty UT SLI-DR or Gigabyte K8NXP SLI or something? I am just paranoid about setting up my new pc just to have the chipset fan die on me.

phoenixavatar2

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2006
I have the basic A8N SLI (only 4 SATA ports) and my fan died as well. At first I was freaking out a bit whenever it happened, but eventually, I would watch the temperture monitor and I didn't have any problems, with or without the case cover. Now, at the same time, I have 2 80mm intake fans, a 92mm exhaust, a funnel thing on the case for direct exaust of my A64 3500 and a geforce 6600GT with fan, none overclocked. What I'm trying to say is that my case was pretty cool to begin with, and even after the fan died, I didn't have any problems running Battlefield 2 on the computer for hours with the cover on. Ordering a (free) replacement fan and installing it was a bit of a hassle (you can also send in your mobo to have them do it), but with the replacement fan, which is a different model, I've had no problems. Bottom line, I'm still happy with this mobo and I would recommend it to anyone willing to deal with the dying chipset fan.

AngelDeath82

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2006
My recommendation, take it to the store you bought it from or talk to ASUS. A friend of mine bought an ASUS A8V-E Deluxe in July, his chipset fan started to make a really bad noise. He took it back to the store the board was purchased from and they replaced the fan with a sink (no charge). Apparenly a lot of the newer ASUS chipset fans were having issues.

cub1971

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2006
Thanks for the replies. I've checked in to this more and my motherboard has the new style chipset fan on it, that is placed diagonally on the chipset as opposed to the others that are set square on top of it and are of a different style, more closed in apparently. The model chipset fan I have on my board is apparently the model they send out to replace the dodgey ones, so hopefully I wont have that issue.

Cheers
Cub1971

pcrig

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2006
Has anyone bought this motherboard and NOT had any problems? I read some good reviews on it, but I know the chipset fan fails on most of these boards.

Does anyone own this board and not had any issues?

Cheers
Cub1971

I have ASUS A8N SLI Premium (2 RAID controlers 8 SATA ports) which is fanless (heat pipe) and I have never had any problems with it.

Unfortunatyely the Sil Image 3114 soft RAID isn't as good as it could be!

The sole problem is that the BIOS (ONCE already REPLACED THE BIOS CHIP) frequently on REBOOT shows the Checksum ERROR. Need to "cool" for 15 second to reboot to avoid that error.

Despite considering all the goodies I wouldn't buy any other brand beside ASUS!

My wish is only that the BIOS be programable under LINUX instead of traditional crappy DOS!

phoenixavatar2

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2006
Thanks for the replies. I've checked in to this more and my motherboard has the new style chipset fan on it, that is placed diagonally on the chipset as opposed to the others that are set square on top of it and are of a different style, more closed in apparently.

Yep, that would be the same as the replacement I received.