upgrade to Pcket PC Internet Explorer

October 19, 2004 4:05:38 PM

Is there an upgrade for Pocket PC Internet Explorer?
I have a Dell Axim X30 running Windows Mobile 2003 SE.

Bank of America online access displayed an error message
saying that I need to upgrade the Internet Explorer before
I can access my account.

Apparently, the Pocket PC Internet Explorer is of IE 4.

I do know there's a registry hack to spoof the website
that I'm running IE 5.
But I rather get an official update or patch from
Microsoft.
Anonymous
October 19, 2004 6:54:15 PM

There are similare websites that I am attempting to access with my Ipaq
4700, but IE is not able to display portions or all of these sites. I have
installed a hack that identifies Pocket IE as IE 6, but Pocket IE is missing
one or more components that allow these sites to display properly. For now
I have resorted to using GoToMyPC which allows my PDA to control and view my
computer at home.

Does Microsoft have any resources that could help? Does anyone know of a
third party browser that is more capable than Pocket IE or plug-ins that
will make Pocket IE more functional?

"Willy" <efatosNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Is there an upgrade for Pocket PC Internet Explorer?
> I have a Dell Axim X30 running Windows Mobile 2003 SE.
>
> Bank of America online access displayed an error message
> saying that I need to upgrade the Internet Explorer before
> I can access my account.
>
> Apparently, the Pocket PC Internet Explorer is of IE 4.
>
> I do know there's a registry hack to spoof the website
> that I'm running IE 5.
> But I rather get an official update or patch from
> Microsoft.
October 19, 2004 11:17:31 PM

KD,

Can you give us the registry hack that you use to identify IE as v6.0?

Scott

KD Jost wrote:

> There are similare websites that I am attempting to access with my Ipaq
> 4700, but IE is not able to display portions or all of these sites. I have
> installed a hack that identifies Pocket IE as IE 6, but Pocket IE is missing
> one or more components that allow these sites to display properly. For now
> I have resorted to using GoToMyPC which allows my PDA to control and view my
> computer at home.
>
> Does Microsoft have any resources that could help? Does anyone know of a
> third party browser that is more capable than Pocket IE or plug-ins that
> will make Pocket IE more functional?
>
> "Willy" <efatosNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Is there an upgrade for Pocket PC Internet Explorer?
> > I have a Dell Axim X30 running Windows Mobile 2003 SE.
> >
> > Bank of America online access displayed an error message
> > saying that I need to upgrade the Internet Explorer before
> > I can access my account.
> >
> > Apparently, the Pocket PC Internet Explorer is of IE 4.
> >
> > I do know there's a registry hack to spoof the website
> > that I'm running IE 5.
> > But I rather get an official update or patch from
> > Microsoft.
October 20, 2004 1:07:53 AM

I believe RegKing will.

Use http://www.doctorce.com/RegKing.htm or google RegKing.

Jim
"Scott" <golden@uslink.net> wrote in message
> KD,
>
> Can you give us the registry hack that you use to identify IE as v6.0?
>
> Scott
>
> KD Jost wrote:
>
> > There are similare websites that I am attempting to access with my Ipaq
> > 4700, but IE is not able to display portions or all of these sites. I
have
> > installed a hack that identifies Pocket IE as IE 6, but Pocket IE is
missing
> > one or more components that allow these sites to display properly. For
now
> > I have resorted to using GoToMyPC which allows my PDA to control and
view my
> > computer at home.
> >
> > Does Microsoft have any resources that could help? Does anyone know of
> > third party browser that is more capable than Pocket IE or plug-ins that
> > will make Pocket IE more functional?
> >
> > "Willy" <efatosNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Is there an upgrade for Pocket PC Internet Explorer?
> > > I have a Dell Axim X30 running Windows Mobile 2003 SE.
> > >
> > > Bank of America online access displayed an error message
> > > saying that I need to upgrade the Internet Explorer before
> > > I can access my account.
> > >
> > > Apparently, the Pocket PC Internet Explorer is of IE 4.
> > >
> > > I do know there's a registry hack to spoof the website
> > > that I'm running IE 5.
> > > But I rather get an official update or patch from
> > > Microsoft.

Anonymous
October 20, 2004 5:08:36 AM

I used 'Tweaks2k2' for IE hack. It has several other useful hacks as well.

KD

"Jim Trotter" <jatrotteatbellsouthdotnet> wrote in message
news:o v4K%23EktEHA.2876@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>I believe RegKing will.
>
> Use http://www.doctorce.com/RegKing.htm or google RegKing.
>
> Jim
> "Scott" <golden@uslink.net> wrote in message
>> KD,
>>
>> Can you give us the registry hack that you use to identify IE as v6.0?
>>
>> Scott
>>
>> KD Jost wrote:
>>
>> > There are similare websites that I am attempting to access with my Ipaq
>> > 4700, but IE is not able to display portions or all of these sites. I
> have
>> > installed a hack that identifies Pocket IE as IE 6, but Pocket IE is
> missing
>> > one or more components that allow these sites to display properly. For
> now
>> > I have resorted to using GoToMyPC which allows my PDA to control and
> view my
>> > computer at home.
>> >
>> > Does Microsoft have any resources that could help? Does anyone know of
>> > third party browser that is more capable than Pocket IE or plug-ins
>> > that
>> > will make Pocket IE more functional?
>> >
>> > "Willy" <efatosNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
October 20, 2004 12:37:38 PM

"KD Jost" <kdjost@msn.com> wrote in

> I used 'Tweaks2k2' for IE hack. It has several other useful hacks as
> well.
>
> KD

Pocket IE doesn't fully support Javascript, has no Java VM, and
no support for popup screens.

~S.

--
ACE!!! a.k.a. ~S.