Closed

Error copying file or folder

September 9, 2004 8:13:38 PM

We are receiving the error: "Error Copying File or
Folder -- Cannot remove folder ..... The filename or
extension is too long"
Here is how I am doing it. We have a Windows 2000 File
server and it takes the 5+ gigs of documents from the
laptop via copy/paste fine. But when I copy from the
server to Windows XP Pro, the thing bombs. I am trying to
find something to go through and find all these files so
I may set them aside since I am not a programmer or great
scripter. Many of the bombing files may have been on a
MAC server back in the late 90's. Any ideas?
Anonymous
September 10, 2004 4:34:28 PM

Hi, Phil.

If you don't get a good answer here, you might want to try one of the
File_System newsgroups:
windows.public.win2000.file_system or
windows.public.windows.file_system

Lots of gurus who hang out there handle problems like this every day.

I'm not sure where those are in the web-based interface menu of groups, but
you should be able to find them in the list.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX