ATi TV wonder Elite help

Renesis

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
Hi guys, thanks for taking a look, I'll get straight to the point, I need some help please! :oops:

I am a newbie here but I did read the manual and even contact ATi consumer support which was slow and frustrating.

My question is simple, maybe too simple, I just want to know how can I enable the display from my component inputs where my PS2 is plugged in?

ATi tells me I'm supposed to hit the input connector button, but after a brief look and a search on the internet it seems to be a button on the software available for lower-spec ATi TV tuner software but not on the bundled software I have, ATi PowerCinema.

Could you help me please?

Thanks a lot for your time guys :)

RichPLS

Champion
Make your component connection and turn on PS2, then launch the TV application and right click tv window and select setup, go to Channel List tab, and you should see Theater 550 input, with Composite connecter, well select it and the tv window should display properly.

Renesis

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
Thanks for your input, though I can't right click on TV..

but I did what I think is the same thing, left click then settings then go to the channels list...

but as I had looked before there's no such thing AND the PS2 was on when I had it do it's auto-search thing.. still no luck.

You do mean that scrren right? if so, it's not there :?

Untitl2.jpg

Renesis

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
Not so sure, I guess it could, but there's no way for me to get that software I guess since updates require the original CD installation, which I have for PowerCinema but not for MMC.

But honestly from what I've read online MMC seemed like crap too but if someone can find me a place where I can download it I'd be willing to try it because I think there's a button for that in MMC.

MadCraiZ

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2006
Not so sure, I guess it could, but there's no way for me to get that software I guess since updates require the original CD installation, which I have for PowerCinema but not for MMC.

But honestly from what I've read online MMC seemed like crap too but if someone can find me a place where I can download it I'd be willing to try it because I think there's a button for that in MMC.

MMC was crap up untill this latest release in my opionion. Whatever they did, I went from my computer locking up almost every time I recorded something to being nearly rock solid.

It says that it's offered as an upgrade under AIW Drivers and Software, but I think the only time it asks for the Disc is if you're installing the DVD Decoder.

Renesis

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
My graphic card is an ATI Raedon 9800 PRO 128

but I'm really out of luck, I tried getting MMC:

1) downloaded the version for the normal TV tuner, installation worked but I couldn't get it to be a server and not a client therefore I wasn't able to watch TV

2) downloaded the version for TV tuner PRO, the installation was able to configure windows installer but it never "booted" the install itself after that..

:?

My LCD does have a video input but it's VERY POOR quality and I've got no way to enable audio..

Thanks again for your help guys

MadCraiZ

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2006
If ati is slow to respond, you could try asking CyberLink since they're the ones who actually make Powercinama. Did you respond to ATI saying that they didn't answer your question? It took 2 or 3 replies saying "no, that's not helping/ no that's not what I asked" befor they finally told me what I wanted.

Renesis

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
They first sent me some basic automatic answer on how to plug the cable :roll: and then 4-5 days after I said no that's not helping some guy answered:
In the ATI TV Player, you need to use the input connector button to change the input to composite.

but that's not helping much since I can't find that button anywhere..

I kind of gave up on ATI.

But maybe trying cyberlink consumer support would be a good idea..

MadCraiZ

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2006
did a quick google search since I don't have powercinima...does this help at all?

Before connecting the external DVD or VCR device, make sure that the output (S-video or Composit video output and audio output) of your DVD player is connected to the connector on the TV tuner card correctly. Start Power Cinema 4.0 and enter the TV function. Click[Settings] > [Signal Settings] > [Capture Device], and change the setting to 713x BDA Analog Capture. Then click [Settings] > [Signal Settings] > [Capture Source], and select S-video or Composite for the input.

Renesis

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
I guess it could but ATI Powercinema's is only at V3.0 and there's no such options :? (capture device and capture source)