Where is my Enhanced Virus Protection??

bluntside

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
Check this out, just bout an Amd +3700 socket 939. My older cpu which was a amd+3000 socket 754, stated on the box "enhance virus protection"
When i got my new cpu, it doesnt say thaat :evil: Now i know there are certain viruses that are designed for these types of amd cpu, but will it matter in the end if my +3700 has this protection or not??
Perhaps its a typo>>?? I purchased this cpu at www.zipzoomfly.com
Dou you think its something the provider doesnt provide this protection to cut the cost?? The +3700 costed me an exact $212.00
I think I've been gipped

G

Well you got the DEP setting in windows, but thats enabled by default

Thats in system properties, advanced, settings in performance.

But once again its supported in software anyways.

bluntside

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
Well why did they put such a protection on a cpu if its hardly been Effective?? I neam, that just doesn't make sense why they would have this type of a protecion :twisted:

G

Well it might be usefull in different scenario. Its actually good that some hardware helps to protect your computer, not just software. But at least its a beginning! I'm sure will see more of these features. I remeber a demo from intel about a tech that would actually stops your network card to spread worms and such. But thats pretty far off...