reinstalling internet exploder

Charles

how do you reinstall internet explorer? I know it sounds
like a stupid question.

any and all help will be extremely appreciated

CK

To reinstall IE6 and OE:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=318378

Method 2 says it's for XP, but it works for all Window operating
systems except W95.
--
Bruce Hagen
~IB-CA~

"charles" <ckemp5284@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> how do you reinstall internet explorer? I know it sounds
> like a stupid question.
>
> any and all help will be extremely appreciated
>
> CK

Hi Charles,

Go to the Control Panel/Folder Options/View tab, set it to "Show hidden
files and folders" and uncheck "Hide protected operating system files
[recommended]". Also uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types".

Then, open Windows Explorer from Start/All Programs and go to the
C:\Windows\Inf folder. Locate the ie.inf file, right-click it and choose
install.

You may need to either insert your WinXP CD or know where your I386 folder
is located on the hard drive. You may also need to know where the
\ServicePackFiles folder is (usually under the Windows directory).

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone