Closed

Security Authentication Provider Bought by Microsoft

Tags:
  • Security
  • Authentication
  • Microsoft
Last response: in News comments
October 5, 2012 7:47:06 AM

Even though I do not know what/who PhoneFactor is, it's nice to see Microsoft taking the step forward with phone security, even though IE is a complete mess. xD
Score
October 5, 2012 8:22:27 AM

echondoEven though I do not know what/who PhoneFactor is, it's nice to see Microsoft taking the step forward with phone security, even though IE is a complete mess. xD

The article explains what PhoneFactor is and I'm not sure what IE has to do with anything here.

Google's multi-factor authentication (2-step verif.) is great in the sense of security but I couldn't get it to consistently remember the 1-time passwords I created for apps or remember the devices I asked it to. Anyone else have this problem?
Score
October 5, 2012 6:40:13 PM

mayne92The article explains what PhoneFactor is and I'm not sure what IE has to do with anything here.Google's multi-factor authentication (2-step verif.) is great in the sense of security but I couldn't get it to consistently remember the 1-time passwords I created for apps or remember the devices I asked it to. Anyone else have this problem?

A 1-time password is just that, a single use password. You need to add the devices to the allowed list by using your authentication key instead of using 1-time passwords.
Score
!