Security Authentication Provider Bought by Microsoft

Status
Not open for further replies.

echondo

Honorable
May 29, 2012
Even though I do not know what/who PhoneFactor is, it's nice to see Microsoft taking the step forward with phone security, even though IE is a complete mess. xD

mayne92

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
[citation][nom]echondo[/nom]Even though I do not know what/who PhoneFactor is, it's nice to see Microsoft taking the step forward with phone security, even though IE is a complete mess. xD[/citation]

The article explains what PhoneFactor is and I'm not sure what IE has to do with anything here.

Google's multi-factor authentication (2-step verif.) is great in the sense of security but I couldn't get it to consistently remember the 1-time passwords I created for apps or remember the devices I asked it to. Anyone else have this problem?

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
[citation][nom]mayne92[/nom]The article explains what PhoneFactor is and I'm not sure what IE has to do with anything here.Google's multi-factor authentication (2-step verif.) is great in the sense of security but I couldn't get it to consistently remember the 1-time passwords I created for apps or remember the devices I asked it to. Anyone else have this problem?[/citation]

A 1-time password is just that, a single use password. You need to add the devices to the allowed list by using your authentication key instead of using 1-time passwords.

Status
Not open for further replies.