Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Conroe fairly benchmarked finally

Last response: in CPUs
Share
April 12, 2006 1:21:19 PM

[MODERATOR EDIT]

This thread was originally posted on April of 2006

Take that in into account and read the whole thread if you intend to respond

[/EDIT]



hey check this out:

http://sharikou.blogspot.com/2006/04/conroe-performance...

in the end, it says that in a real multitasking environment, an athlon would outperform conroe.

take that, intel fanboys
April 12, 2006 1:31:39 PM

Quote:
The above results were for an Athlon overclocked to 2.8GHZ and a Conroe at 2.4GHZ


Fairly, what ever your on, can i have some?

And whats more its Sharikou, worse than the Inquirier.
April 12, 2006 2:16:50 PM

Quote:
And by posting that on his website, Sharikou just signed a one-way death lottery ticket to hell if Conroe proves it wrong when released.

Better let the fanboys do all the dirty work than potentially ruining his site FOREVER.


Man, I couldn't agree with you more on that one. It's a freakin "blog assumption" and is merely someones opinion. Opinions are like a$$holes, everybody has one and they usually stink!

I usually don't get involved with these things at all. I will say that the AMD camp is getting desperate in trying to display any shred of evidence that levels intel up and coming technology that of which, we have really no idea how it's going to perform once released. The sad part about it is, they're using anyones opinions. If George Bush wrote a column today about how Conroe sucks, they would throw it in our faces.

Good post wusy, you da man! :D  :wink:
Related resources
April 12, 2006 3:40:00 PM

Quote:
Good post wusy, you da man! :D  :wink:


You must be his woman..... 8O ooooooo Disssssssssss ;) .

~~Mad Mod Mike, pimpin' the world 1 rig at a time
April 12, 2006 3:56:12 PM

Another bullshit form the AMD fanboy bloger.
Next time when you open thread like this please make the topic starting with "A story about " or "Imagine" and put the wishesh of the AMD fanboy blogger....


DAMN, I see UFOs all around me....be worry...I will make blog about UFOs....they are comming!
April 12, 2006 4:10:03 PM

Quote:
all hail wusy

Another bullshit form the AMD fanboy bloger.
Next time when you open thread like this please make the topic starting with "A story about " or "Imagine" and put the wishesh of the AMD fanboy blogger....


DAMN, I see UFOs all around me....be worry...I will make blog about UFOs....they are comming!

He didnt open the thread, moron!
April 12, 2006 4:11:28 PM

Quote:
what the hell did i do to deserve that 8O

sry, i pressed quote instead of reply:) 

gpfear, I love you too sweetheart
April 12, 2006 4:12:26 PM

I believe the difference between this blog and Anand's actual review... if Anand is way off that whole site's reputation will suffer... thus the motivation for accurate reporting/benchmarks. If the blog in this post is way off base, we'll talk about it for a day and just chalk it up as another crazy blog by someone looking for attention.

As for me I'll still with the established sources.
April 12, 2006 4:16:43 PM

Quote:
gpfear, I love you too sweetheart


8O
April 12, 2006 4:24:28 PM

Quote:
what the hell did i do to deserve that 8O

sry, i pressed quote instead of reply:) 

gpfear, I love you too sweetheart


Love you too honey!
April 12, 2006 4:51:10 PM

Quote:
what the hell did i do to deserve that 8O

sry, i pressed quote instead of reply:) 

gpfear, I love you too sweetheart


Love you too honey!


8O 8O
April 12, 2006 5:15:56 PM

Quote:
what the hell did i do to deserve that 8O

sry, i pressed quote instead of reply:) 

gpfear, I love you too sweetheart


Love you too honey!


8O 8O


Awww, Love at THG!
April 12, 2006 5:23:54 PM

Quote:
what the hell did i do to deserve that 8O

sry, i pressed quote instead of reply:) 

gpfear, I love you too sweetheart


Love you too honey!


8O 8O


Awww, Love at THG!

Ok, so do all of you guys like, ride around on unicorns holding hands or are you part of the fab5? :lol:  8O
April 12, 2006 5:56:40 PM

Fanboys like posting SH!T.
With what is that article more to believe than the others.
You want benchies? Real benchies?
Go to
www.xtremesystems.org/forums
And see there some real benchies. Remember those were made with a buggy mobo and with programs that have yet to be optimised for this chip. Anyway it rocks.
Try harder fanboy.
April 12, 2006 6:44:28 PM

Quote:
Fanboys like posting SH!T.
With what is that article more to believe than the others.
You want benchies? Real benchies?
Go to
www.xtremesistems.org/forums
And see there some real benchies. Remember those were made with a buggy mobo and with programs that have yet to be optimised for this chip. Anyway it rocks.
Try harder fanboy.


Ditto

(correct link is http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/) systems is spelled with a y not an i. Not to nitpick, but I want ppl to have the right link. :) 
April 12, 2006 6:55:30 PM

LOL Stupid linkie getting me down. I'll edit that immediately. :) 
April 12, 2006 7:51:29 PM

LMAO needs more iii's in it I think :wink:
April 12, 2006 7:58:23 PM

Bogus. Anything and everything review related of AM2 and Conroe SHOULD BE CONSIDERED BOGUS until YOU can test it and share results.
April 12, 2006 8:30:29 PM

I really don't see the point of all this daily speculation so early. Is anyone here on the "earlybird special" waiting list to get a Conroe the day it's released? I'm not. I think most people are cautiously optimistic that the Conroe will be very fast. As fast as Intel claims? Maybe not. As slow as AMD hopes? Don't hold your breath. But it should be one of the speed leaders from day one.

Remember, they can always make a faster Conroe. And they will.

Despite all the talk today (and there is lots of it) I think most reasonable people will wait for the Conroe to actually be released and tested before they actually try to buy one. And if the AM2 gets released any time near that, most reasonable people will wait to see some clear comparison benchmarks.

Most likely, the Intel chip will be faster at some things and the AMD will be faster at others. Now it comes down to which applications you plan on running, and price. Intel is trying to inject a new criteria into the mix, that being power consumption. In the long run, that also equals price. If I save $200 buying the AMD but the Conroe uses $150 less a year in electricity, which one is really cheaper?

Back in the day it was easy. You went by clock speed and didn't care about the electricity. Now you have to do research just to find the real clock speed, which is no longer the supreme attribute. Comparing an 835 to a 693 doesn't really mean much to anyone. So you have to go by benchmarks.

I don't expect either the Conroe or the AM2 to disappoint. It will come down to which you like better. You might as well choose based on the pretty artwork on the box the CPU comes in.
April 12, 2006 8:35:34 PM

....................until they come out with the CONROE2!
April 12, 2006 10:43:39 PM

Quote:
....................until they come out with the CONROE2!



Co-incidence? I think not! :lol:  :D  . Im not allowed to disclose the nature of my occupation, company policy.
April 12, 2006 10:56:53 PM

I wonder why everyone shut up and let the final releases of both cpus come out, I doubt many AMD users will seriusly believe that bust of intel conroe's box vs amd-box-built-by-intel benchmarks.

so far only real benchmarks are from victor wong's ( and a korean guy in other forum, not sure, maybe anantech's but he had a revision E1 A1 and B1 M2's and various conroes. )
April 12, 2006 11:05:50 PM

Quote:
You might as well choose based on the pretty artwork on the box the CPU comes in.


Agree with you, Dr.Gadget. It is all the anticipation that is coming up about it, all speculation...I thought this was the CPU thread, not the gossip thread, lol, just kidding, but still.... On the topic of box covers, I personally like BFG's packaging. AMD's packaging is so simple, yet elegant meaning it isn't some box that when it hits the light, we all think we are just entering heaven. Intel's EE boxes are good, too. But most, if not all GPU boxes look better, maybe because of the diversity of the companies available...

~Ibrahim~
April 13, 2006 12:05:11 AM

I would of thought by now this would of calmed down somewhat. If Intel closes the gap with AMD it just gives users more options. I personally have used AMD processors for over seven years now without issue. What will I buy when the time comes? I will look at both platforms and make a decision at that time based on price/performance. However, I can say this at the moment. It does look like the AM2 platform will require higher-end low latency memory for best performance because of its onboard memory controller. My understanding is that Intel does not suffer the same issue, or at least it doesn’t affect it as much in performance to use lower end DDR2 memory. Conroe should also have a better price point as well at the time of release if all holds true. The price savings here alone could buy you a much nicer video card for example. Remember, the processor is just one piece of the puzzle. Of course, this is all speculation until we see working systems and pricing. One thing for sure, it seems to have everybody talking and that is a good thing.
April 13, 2006 12:26:19 AM

Yeah, I don't understand why people are swearing by benchmarks on something that has not even been released yet. Come on guys, we are all more intelligent than this...... until you can find benchmarks from every mom and pop website, or I know someone that has one, I am not going to just blindly trust what I have seen thus far. And as far as AM2, it probably won't be that great, maybe 5% better than 939, but that is the first chip for a new socket. Granted, it's only one new pin, but damn, neither of these companies are going to go out of business any time soon, and it's not like Intel and AMD are in an arena dueling to the death...... GET A GRIP.......
a b à CPUs
April 13, 2006 12:56:47 AM

AMD fanboys got let down by AM2 benchmarks so now there cut at conroe lol

what were all forgettin is the facts that IT CREAMS A P4 - conroe at minimum will be at the A64 and being intel with there dodgy deals and marketing will put em (faster or not) over AMD unfortunatly.

I dont see why AMD fanboys dont want conroe to win - it will only mean cheap AMDs for everyone.

Pentium M is a proven architecture for being power and fsb efficent aswell as high performance clock for clock, the design is older in its self then AMDs and could prove to be Intels greatest work sofar - we shall see.

As for 4ghz AMDs - 90nm? no way, 65nm, perhaps, thats IF they get 65nm right, but even so Intel has 45nm aproaching so.
April 13, 2006 1:09:21 AM

I assume you are calling me a fanboy..... now lets try to stray from the childishness..... I never said anything negative about either company.... I just said, it would be wise to not declare either the vitor until it is no longer vaporware. Do you HONESTLY feel like that is unfair? I don't care if conroe is faster, it probably will be. Who the hell cares? Neither company is going out of business, they will just continue to hook us up with faster systems as they leapfrog eachother. THAT'S GREAT!!!! Just as you call anyone who says conroe might not be what it's cracked up to be(which I did not) a fanboy, try not to be one yourself..... that is a little hypocritical..... don't you think?
April 13, 2006 1:19:42 AM

YOU FANBOY, WE ALL KNOW INTEL IS BETTER.

Please ignore the X2 4800+ in my signature. :wink:
a b à CPUs
April 13, 2006 1:21:04 AM

Quote:
I assume you are calling me a fanboy..... now lets try to stray from the childishness..... I never said anything negative about either company.... I just said, it would be wise to not declare either the vitor until it is no longer vaporware. Do you HONESTLY feel like that is unfair? I don't care if conroe is faster, it probably will be. Who the hell cares? Neither company is going out of business, they will just continue to hook us up with faster systems as they leapfrog eachother. THAT'S GREAT!!!! Just as you call anyone who says conroe might not be what it's cracked up to be(which I did not) a fanboy, try not to be one yourself..... that is a little hypocritical..... don't you think?


oh sorry not you i just hit reply on you :oops: 

Either company does me fine, but intel and nvidia somehow time there products with me and offer the best deals at the right times.
April 13, 2006 1:26:14 AM

cool, yeah I was not sure if that was the case, and since I am an AMD fan I guess it seemed that was aimed towards me. I am just curious when conroe will actually be released. I wonder how many problems they are having and how far after scheduled release we will see it. But if it is 20% faster, that should kick the cpu market into over drive, and I am sure AMD will be trying to push out whatever they have planned to counter that as fast as possible, and then Intel would be doing the same. It has been quite some time since Intel has had a worthy competitor, and I think K8 is probably the best thing that has happend for both camps. Looks good for all of us!
April 13, 2006 1:36:18 AM

I'm a fan of nothing but performance, AMD has the edge atm, but I'm looking forward to Conroe. :) 

and I agree, K8 has been a really good thing. Competition is good :) 
a b à CPUs
April 13, 2006 1:41:17 AM

meh you aint an amd fanboy - your not screaming "conroe is slow, amd is fast" like some

K8 did put intel in shape and made em ditch the P4 (took em a few hits to the head to realise but yeah) and at the same time AMD got lazy and had no super competition and hence we have $1000+ cpus, i would love to see conroe smash those amd prices to extreme lows like the XP's.

what we all dont mention here is the fact that P4 is where the athlon xp's were with the P4 B and above class - heat issues (not too serious), slower performance and cheap to compete - EXCEPT we didnt pay out the AMDs so much.

Theres AMD fanboys, there isnt any Intel fanboys as one would expect...
April 13, 2006 1:42:25 AM

actually, that is a good way to put it, I guess if I think about it the reason I am a fan of AMD is because all of my builds were first based on price, when AMD was much less expensive, and then when I had the money, I based them on performance, when K8 came around. So, now since I can afford to build what I want, I would have to say I am a fan of performance, more so than the company. My main issues are low heat, low power, High performance...... The perfect cpu!!! :D 
April 13, 2006 1:58:51 AM

and I disagree..... there are "fanboys" on both sides. I would venture a guess that a fan boy is someone that would never build a system based on Intel, or on the other side based on AMD even if one was better faster less expensive than the other. And then there are the obvious forum "fanboys". But I have seen them exist on both ends of the spectrum, I do read the forums quite a bit, this is just first day that I have ever posted.
April 13, 2006 2:13:09 AM

and that's why I'm disgusted with AMD's greedy prices right now, and why I'm lining up for a Conroe, which, besides being cheaper, will probably be faster to boot. 8)

[/hopeful speculation]
April 13, 2006 4:45:42 AM

The thing I have noticed is, it doesn't matter who has the performance crown when prices are concerned, because, no matter what company it is, they will charge a premium for what they are selling. Amd will probably lower current K8's when conroe is unveiled but, if conroe is that much faster, I would be willing to bet that the prices will increase to more along the lines now of what we see now. It all comes down to making money regardless of what the name of your company is. In the case of AMD, if charging more like they have has allowed them to expand as far as Fabs are concerned, then I am glad they did it, means more competition. Conroe might very well release costing less then current dual core amd counter parts, but I would not expect it to last for to long, if is even the case when they release. We always end up paying a premium for performance, regardless of who is selling.
April 13, 2006 5:43:46 AM

im a Fanboy of Jesus

April 13, 2006 6:04:06 AM

Quote:
meh you aint an amd fanboy - your not screaming "conroe is slow, amd is fast" like some

K8 did put intel in shape and made em ditch the P4 (took em a few hits to the head to realise but yeah) and at the same time AMD got lazy and had no super competition and hence we have $1000+ cpus, i would love to see conroe smash those amd prices to extreme lows like the XP's.

what we all dont mention here is the fact that P4 is where the athlon xp's were with the P4 B and above class - heat issues (not too serious), slower performance and cheap to compete - EXCEPT we didnt pay out the AMDs so much.

Theres AMD fanboys, there isnt any Intel fanboys as one would expect...


Word.
April 13, 2006 6:04:32 AM

Quote:
im a Fanboy of Jesus



Word.
April 13, 2006 7:45:57 AM

I will say this Apache_lives You worship Intel Conroe when Intel released the test. Surely that make you a intel Fanboy. Now You keep going Amd getting Lazy. Well let me ask you this question. Could it be Amd making sure new chips of the next genration dont have bugs. Like Presscott and the heat issue or when P4 frist came out to try to beat Amd to the 1ghz race.

Here what I see with Amd They like to take there time on Making good chips so there no bad setup. And like the Amd64. They want to make a good chip with no bugs in it. Note amd Am2 might be power hungry right now but there still on .090 nm. That will be fix on the .065 nm. I don't think amd Wants the same mistake Intel did with .130nm Norrtwood then down to .090 Presscott with heat issues. Then Amd to the .090 and go down to .065 nm then have the same heat issues.

Here the Other thing if Conroe chip comes out and runs good it frist chip in a long time Intel did not have major problems with. Why? It due to they work on there Mistakes. What Intel did was went back to the drawling board and started fresh. Or look at other chips for answers. Which is good.

You can try to call me a Amd Fanboy. Go ahead. But that would be funny when I own 2 Intel Laptops one Pro-star Intel 3.4 ee L3 2mb cache northwood chip And Acer Intel centreno duo 1.66

But what I'm doing is waiting for the generation. Quad core cpus and unlike you Apache_lives. But I will pick which ever chip runs the best at the time. That can be Amd or Intel I dont know.
a b à CPUs
April 13, 2006 11:45:54 AM

thats what im tryin to get at there, and yes AMD could have somethin up its sleeve, AND SO COULD INTEL ASWELL not just conroe, afterall AMD has had the HTT for a while now - could see CSI or whatever come in.

Either can pull an ace.

Quote:
I will say this Apache_lives You worship Intel Conroe when Intel released the test. Surely that make you a intel Fanboy. Now You keep going Amd getting Lazy. Well let me ask you this question. Could it be Amd making sure new chips of the next genration dont have bugs. Like Presscott and the heat issue or when P4 frist came out to try to beat Amd to the 1ghz race.

Here what I see with Amd They like to take there time on Making good chips so there no bad setup. And like the Amd64. They want to make a good chip with no bugs in it. Note amd Am2 might be power hungry right now but there still on .090 nm. That will be fix on the .065 nm. I don't think amd Wants the same mistake Intel did with .130nm Norrtwood then down to .090 Presscott with heat issues. Then Amd to the .090 and go down to .065 nm then have the same heat issues.

Here the Other thing if Conroe chip comes out and runs good it frist chip in a long time Intel did not have major problems with. Why? It due to they work on there Mistakes. What Intel did was went back to the drawling board and started fresh. Or look at other chips for answers. Which is good.

You can try to call me a Amd Fanboy. Go ahead. But that would be funny when I own 2 Intel Laptops one Pro-star Intel 3.4 ee L3 2mb cache northwood chip And Acer Intel centreno duo 1.66

But what I'm doing is waiting for the generation. Quad core cpus and unlike you Apache_lives. But I will pick which ever chip runs the best at the time. That can be Amd or Intel I dont know.
April 13, 2006 11:55:12 AM

There are both AMD and Intel fanboys, and both of course are noobs about hardware!
The Intel fanboys are quiet becosue current Intel chips sux more than AMD chips. I guess they will unhide when Conroe will kick K8s asses.
Anyway I am a fanboy of young and fresh juicy p*ssy. I will apritiate if I see some fangirls here on the forum:) 
a b à CPUs
April 15, 2006 12:28:15 AM

Quite right the Intel fanboys are quiet and the AMD fanboys are rather loud cause there being threatend (*cough MMM cough*).

As much as i want one of the Conroe (if it shows its true power and not just all smoke and mirrors) AMD might drop the price of Its CPUs in half making AMD half the price for 20% less performance - might be a better buy and take me in the end.

But the way my GF is going ill be broke by then 8O


Quote:
There are both AMD and Intel fanboys, and both of course are noobs about hardware!
The Intel fanboys are quiet becosue current Intel chips sux more than AMD chips. I guess they will unhide when Conroe will kick K8s asses.
Anyway I am a fanboy of young and fresh juicy p*ssy. I will apritiate if I see some fangirls here on the forum:) 
April 15, 2006 12:46:08 AM

I'm a total Intel fanboy; AMD makes the worst microprocessors I've ever used!
April 15, 2006 12:51:39 AM

Quote:
I'm a total Intel fanboy; AMD makes the worst microprocessors I've ever used!


are you kidding me man? come on, tell your story.

I admit I like Intel, but it also seems to me that AMD offered a better processor than Pentium 4. The latest Intel 65nm seems pretty good though. :) 
a b à CPUs
April 15, 2006 12:55:00 AM

Its kinda humorous when AMD fanboys pay out the P4 - Its in the same mess as AMD's K7 vs P4 - one generation is a big diffrence.

Quote:
I'm a total Intel fanboy; AMD makes the worst microprocessors I've ever used!


are you kidding me man? come on, tell your story.

I admit I like Intel, but it also seems to me that AMD offered a better processor than Pentium 4. The latest Intel 65nm seems pretty good though. :) 
April 15, 2006 2:09:19 AM

Quote:
I'm a total Intel fanboy; AMD makes the worst microprocessors I've ever used!


are you kidding me man? come on, tell your story.

I admit I like Intel, but it also seems to me that AMD offered a better processor than Pentium 4. The latest Intel 65nm seems pretty good though. :) 

I dont know about him but the worst CPU I have ever seen was the K5 :(  I thank fully never had the misfortune to work with a Cyrix *shudders*.... but thats all in the past now :)  I have to say I like both AMD and Intel I plan on getting a Conroe system for my personal use but at the same time I am going to buy a pair of X2 processors to upgrade my media center PC's (dont ask why I need all the power :p  )
April 15, 2006 2:14:09 AM

Why even buy Conroe, or AM2, or anything for that matter? There are already plans for multiple cores in 2008! Those will kick every one's butt! I'm getting one of those.


I apologize now for the blatant sarcasm, but hey. :wink:
April 15, 2006 2:32:53 AM

Quote:
I'm a total Intel fanboy; AMD makes the worst microprocessors I've ever used!


are you kidding me man? come on, tell your story.

I admit I like Intel, but it also seems to me that AMD offered a better processor than Pentium 4. The latest Intel 65nm seems pretty good though. :) 

I dont know about him but the worst CPU I have ever seen was the K5 :(  I thank fully never had the misfortune to work with a Cyrix *shudders*.... but thats all in the past now :)  I have to say I like both AMD and Intel I plan on getting a Conroe system for my personal use but at the same time I am going to buy a pair of X2 processors to upgrade my media center PC's (dont ask why I need all the power :p  )

Why do you need all that power?

Maxwell Smart: "I though I asked you not to ask me that."

LOL I do alot of video work encodeing peoples movies to DVD and things like that I should use P4's becouse they honestly do work better for video but the AMD's where a better deal at the time so I bought a pair of those :) 
a b à CPUs
April 15, 2006 2:46:48 AM

Yeah and why buy that cause by 2020 there will be hundreds of cores per chip

Buy whenever, right now tho put off buying cause both companies are comin out with new stuff shortly and the AMDs are overpriced and the intels arnt as quick and hot.

Quote:
Why even buy Conroe, or AM2, or anything for that matter? There are already plans for multiple cores in 2008! Those will kick every one's butt! I'm getting one of those.


I apologize now for the blatant sarcasm, but hey. :wink:
!