Theme Text Color

October 20, 2004 3:15:34 AM

I recently had to do a hard reset and re-install all of
my software (PPC2002). For some reason, though, all of
the text on my Start Menu is always white. I have a theme
that before the reset had black text, but now I can't see
it because it's all white text. It's that way with all of
my themes now.

More about : theme text color

Anonymous
October 20, 2004 11:23:05 AM

"HelpMe!" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I recently had to do a hard reset and re-install all of
> my software (PPC2002). For some reason, though, all of
> the text on my Start Menu is always white. I have a theme
> that before the reset had black text, but now I can't see
> it because it's all white text. It's that way with all of
> my themes now.

If you don't get an answer posted try the ng archives, I think something has
been posted in the recent past.
Anonymous
October 20, 2004 11:23:06 AM

Nope, nothing about it in the past year or so. I see
where the question has been asked before, but not
answered.

October 20, 2004 4:33:13 PM

> Nope, nothing about it in the past year or so. I see
> where the question has been asked before, but not
> answered.

I'd like to know the answer too - same deal here with 2003.

Rachael
Anonymous
October 20, 2004 8:00:07 PM

I have seen posts showing links/how to change the colour, I tried it.

A quick look brought up a message from a month ago to the smartphone version

I know it says smartphone but can you search for your version or read that
to see if it will work for you- I'm on my way to work now so just had a
quick look. If you find it on the MS site post it for others or say if that
version works for you.

"HelpMe!" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Nope, nothing about it in the past year or so. I see
> where the question has been asked before, but not
> answered.

Anonymous
October 20, 2004 8:00:08 PM

Sorry. What has happened is that a theme which HAD black
text in the Start menu now has white text in the menu. I
can even create a new theme with black text, and when I
install it, the start menu text is still white.

I just don't understand what's doing that.

FamilyID=1d9f75aa-daa7-473c-a30f-
cdc8c87ba75b&DisplayLang=en

>I know it says smartphone but can you search for your
version or read that
>to see if it will work for you- I'm on my way to work
now so just had a
>quick look. If you find it on the MS site post it for
others or say if that
>version works for you.
>

>"HelpMe!" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>> Nope, nothing about it in the past year or so. I see
>> where the question has been asked before, but not
>> answered.

Anonymous
October 21, 2004 4:01:17 PM

> Sorry. What has happened is that a theme which HAD black
> text in the Start menu now has white text in the menu. I
> can even create a new theme with black text, and when I
> install it, the start menu text is still white.
>
> I just don't understand what's doing that.

Same here. I am running WM2003 fwiw so it's not an operating system specific
thing it seems. Ipaq H2210.
I'm using theme creator from Microsoft for my themes (and their theme
switcher on the ppc) - how about you ?

Rachael
Anonymous
October 21, 2004 4:01:18 PM

I'm using themes that somebody else made. I've tried to
open them with the theme generator, and the text there
looks fine (even though you can't change its color
anyway).

Arent't there any theme generators that allow more
control over things like the Start Menu text color?

Anonymous
October 21, 2004 4:01:18 PM

> I'm using theme creator from Microsoft for my themes (and their theme
> switcher on the ppc) - how about you ?

Microsoft's theme creator program dates from PocketPC 2002, when black
was the only Start Menu text color available. If you've got white (or
any other color) text, it won't change it.

FunnySnake has a free theme editor that loads right on the handheld.

http://www.funnysnake.com/products_tkcreater.php

With this app you'll be able to change the start menu text color.
Anonymous
October 24, 2004 7:34:03 PM

"Michael Ferranti" <ti_ax@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > I'm using theme creator from Microsoft for my themes (and their theme
> > switcher on the ppc) - how about you ?
> >

> Microsoft's theme creator program dates from PocketPC 2002, when black
> was the only Start Menu text color available.

That's the one I've got, yup. I did wonder why there wasn't a new version
for WM2003.

> If you've got white (or
> any other color) text, it won't change it.

Aaaah, I see.

> FunnySnake has a free theme editor that loads right on the handheld.
>
> http://www.funnysnake.com/products_tkcreater.php
>
> With this app you'll be able to change the start menu text color.

Thanks very much - extremely useful !!

Rachael
!